• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Well Jiminy bloody crickets!

regularman

Yoda
Country flag
I was putting on the upper part of the grill surround today and suddenly managed to drill a whole all the way through the hood and out the top. I guess there was body filler in there that I did not know about. I am never gonna get done with this or if I do its gonna be not worth having /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Bugeye58

Yoda
Ouch, Kim!!
It's a bit late for this, but here's a tip.
Shorten the drill bit up so there is only 3/16" or so protruding past the drill chuck, or wrap it with electrical tape to act as a stop. I learned this the hard way!
Jeff

RickB

Yoda
Well you have another little project there - wow a hole right through the top? Wow!!

Keep 'plugging' away at it, you will finish and then it will be worth having. It's just a matter of time and you'll be driving it around enjoying the looks & comments of everyone who sees & admires your great little car!

Country flag
I did something similar when drilling a hole to install some interior panels. However, in my case the bit simply made a sharp dent in the outer body panel. I planned on fixing it, but I never got around to it. I really only notice it when I wax the car, and it makes me smile to think about how upset I was at the time.

dklawson

Yoda
This isn't on the car with that fresh golden metallic paint is it? What a shame!

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Sorry to hear it, Kim! No other way to say it, that sucks!

You will get there, you will. And they you'll be able to kick back a bit and just enjoy.

bugimike

Yoda
A little careful and creative filling and touch-up and it will virtually disappear except to your knowing eye!! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbsup.gif