• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Wedge TR7 EFI system on Ebay

StagByTriumph

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Hello All,
This seems to be the place to let people know about stuff on Ebay, so there is a complete TR7 EFI setup at
Ebay TR7 PI EFI system or
https://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2470912898&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3ALC%3AMT%3A1
so have at it. Bidding just made it to the reserve price after posting for less than an hour, 6 and a half days left.
cheers.gif
thirsty.gif

[ 03-30-2004: Message edited by: StagByTriumph ]</p>

Izual Angel

Jedi Trainee
Holy heck. @#$*! Why do all the good parts always show up on eBay when I'm short on cash.
cryin.gif

philman

Jedi Knight
I can't believe that it will go for over $300?!! No wonder Mark is so interested in my setup.

Izual Angel

Jedi Trainee
Well, look at the cost for new stuff. (From Vicky Brit)
Intake Manifold is 59.95
Water Outlet 16.95
ECU 699.95 + 50 core
Air Flow Metre 199.95 +35 core
Fuel injector 49.95 each

So someone out there is gonna get a great deal.

OP
StagByTriumph

StagByTriumph

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
iagree.gif
Considering that a lot of Wedge suppliers can locate most of the components used or rebuilt for about 1/2 to 3/4 the new catalogue prices, I would think it would go for quite a lot more than $300. I mean, it made the reserve price in less than an hour after listing.
I think when I priced out all the parts it was well over $2000 for all that stuff at current catalogue prices, and some of that needs a core exchange or it is another couple of hundred bucks for core charges.
But who knows, Ebay is one of those crap shoot auctions, sometimes things sell for a bargan, and if the parts are indeed rare and the buyers are out there, it actually sells for a fair price. Only a little more than two days left on the bidding, so time will tell.
One thing we know for sure, they are not making any more of them, everything there is either going to be used, reconditioned, or New Old Stock from suppliers. Not many owners want a whole spare TR7 parts car sitting in their driveway for neighbors to complain about.

How many EFI TR7's were imported anyway? Seems to me they were only EFI from 79-81 as an option, or the Anniversary and Spider packages.

cheers.gif

Dale

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Originally posted by
How many EFI TR7's were imported anyway? Seems to me they were only EFI from 79-81 as an option, or the Anniversary and Spider packages.

Have tried to glean this from the production figures that I have, but they are pretty tough to interpret as the 7 and 8 are so often combined and the EFI was only on the CA models in 1980. Mike Cook alludes to "only a few hundred" Solihull cars being built as 1981 models which all had the EFI for export to the US. I'm pretty sure that not all the Spyders had EFI just the ones for sale in CA.

Mark Beiser

Jedi Warrior
All 1980 California market TR7 and TR8's had EFI. 49 states, japan and canada had ZS carbs, rest of the world had SU carbs. California spec Spiders had EFI, federal spec did not.

All 1981 North American market had EFI.

I'm not sure what the breakdown of it was, but a few of the UK TR8s had EFI, but not TR7s.

I havn't seen any specific numbers for how many EFI cars were built, but it was more than 3000 of them I would imagin.

[ 04-05-2004: Message edited by: Mark Beiser ]</p>

ObiRichKanobi

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Well, I took the plunge and bought it. Although my EFI Spider is running fine, you never know when something will give out. I had to replace an injector this spring, and that was about $80 after shipping. So I consider it a relatively cheap insurance policy, especially if the airflow meter or the ECU were to go out. Plus now I will have 4 extra injectors!