• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Total Eclipse

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Is anyone besides me planning to photograph the upcoming total eclipse (April 8th)? Here is a good site that allows you to pick any location, then tells you whether you will see totality and for how long. Also shows you when eclipse (partial begins) and all the various phases.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Excellent site. Thanks.

(Every time I see the words "total eclipse of the sun", I think of Carly Simon.)
Except this time you'd be better off flying your Learjet to Labrador instead of Nova Scotia :cool:

PS: If you have never seen a total eclipse in person, I highly recommend making the effort to go somewhere to see it.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Where I live it'll be nearly total, 93.79%. I plan on getting a few photos, but my last attempt was a disaster, so I'll need to study up a bit first.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Where I live it'll be nearly total, 93.79%. I plan on getting a few photos, but my last attempt was a disaster, so I'll need to study up a bit first.
Why don’t you drive a little ways southeast and get totally? There’s a BIG difference between partial and total. When it goes total it’s a whole different level of experience!

Country flag
Here's a couple of options:

YakkoWarner

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I will probably be at work when it happens. I am supposedly in an area of near totality, but I don't know when it will occur - I expect as the event comes closer there I may hear more.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
I will probably be at work when it happens. I am supposedly in an area of near totality, but I don't know when it will occur - I expect as the event comes closer there I may hear more.
Go to the web site I posted and zoom in on the map. Click on a spot to place a pin at your location and it will tell you when the eclipse starts at your location, as well as when totality starts and ends and when to whole event ends.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
No, whenever there is something exciting to see in the sky here, it's always cloudy.

Our luck will be April 7th - clear, April 8th - cloudy, April 9th - clear.
I hear you wanted to join the Pessimists Anonymous club but figured they wouldn’t accept you? πŸ˜‚

John Turney

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
If you’re still in CA there’s you’ll not be anywhere near the eclipse. Or have you moved?
Sill in CA; I know I won't be anywhere near it; I already looked. Just making a comment on our weather luck. It happens for every meteor shower, planet alignments and even partial eclipses.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Why don’t you drive a little ways southeast and get totally? There’s a BIG difference between partial and total. When it goes total it’s a whole different level of experience!
I'll be at work. I'll be able to step outside for a few, and probably even take my class out, but I can't drive two hours.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Is it possible to procure a school bus and arrange a field trip?
Not for an English field trip, unfortunately. Anyway, I'd have to bring all of my kids along, and that's over 100 students.

bobhustead

Gold
Country flag
The AP news feed on my I-Phone is advertising an AP sponsored program on how to photograph the eclipse with their staff photog Julio Cortez. Seminar date appears to be 3/27. That's all I know.
Bob