• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Singer?

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Another interesting British car I never knew about.

https://winstonsalem.craigslist.org/cto/4787284560.html

00d0d_dUgahBSeQ46_600x450.jpg

Keith_M

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Are you sure it's not a sewing machine? :D

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Doesn't look much like a sewing machine. And I'm a little confused. Was there something else in the photo of MM?

OP
NutmegCT

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
"restored example price"

That's what I'm often finding in my Daimler/Jaguar search. Either a dealer who has done a quick respray, and is asking top price, or a guy who found one stored in an old warehouse he's tearing down. "Own a classic!"

Seems there aren't many "long time owners" who cared for and then actually sell their cars.

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
True story. Many years ago, there was a Singer SM 1500 advertised for sale in the local paper. A friend and I took it out for a test ride. It smelled, smoked, the gearshift handle and driver door handle actually came off in my hand and it bounced and swayed all over the road. We quickly took it back, mumbled something to the seller and took off in a hurry. What a POS.

DART

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
The national Singer club always has their annual meeting and a really neat display at the Stowe British Invasion. Look at the picture gallery for the show & you should see some nice restored examples.
DSC05380.JPG

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
A few years after my father died, my mother, in conversation said, "your father always said he wanted a Singer, is that really a car?" Yes mom it is - and something I never knew about my father. interesting.