• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Sidescreen Ashtray

bertl

triumphrescue.com site shows one. Big ouch!! $ though, although it is all original and in fine condition.

Bert

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I would be willing to sell you a coffee can and some duct tape for only $10 plus shipping.

Moseso

Jedi Knight
Country flag
:cheers: To Marvin, who's being really nice here. Those things fetch big bucks in the market places.

TomMull

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
I would be willing to sell you a coffee can and some duct tape for only $10 plus shipping.

I have the original bean bag that came with the car when I got t used in 1964, though I've long since quit smoking. The only thing I miss is crushing the butts on street. You can't do that in an MG.
Tom

Don Elliott

Obi Wan
At the time my TR3A was produced, an ashtray was not available installed or as an option. And why should I care ? I have never smoked. But every time I was taking a gal for a ride and she wanted to smoke, I told her to use the "sidescreen ashtray" ie flick the ashes to the big one outside - over the top of the door, as we were motoring along. I also used to tell them they could manicure their fingernails by hanging their hand oberboard - on the road as we drove.

mrv8q

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
When I bought my TR3 in the summer of '04, it still had the original ashtray, overflowing with old butts from 1982. I still have a pack of "Senior Service" English Cigarettes I found in the glove box.

Since I had just lost my much beloved mother-in-law to lung cancer, (she was a big smoker), I couldn't get rid of that ashtray fast enough. It's the only original item I've sold from the car, and it sold for $150, back in 2005!

I've never regretted selling that one individual part.