• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Pourquoi viens-tu si tard ?

drambuie

Jedi Warrior
After watching some of these old videos, I could not help notice that most European Austin Healeys had radio antennas mounted on the drivers side top wing just before the windscreen post, just a observation.

57_BN4

In 'Danger Man' the other car turns from a LHD coupe into a RHD Mk2 Zephyr right before vanishing completely. The German (?) one looks like an early pre-bonnet ridge BN4.

57_BN4

I read somewhere that it was added in response to road test reports of the bonnet 'dancing around'. Can't remember where I read that though. Certainly a few of the early ones on Healeydata have no ridge and the press demonstrator didn't.
Austin-Healey 100-6 grille.jpg

drambuie

Jedi Warrior
That's why I always carry a first aid kit and Kevlar vest in my sports cars...naw just kidding, but I really do carry a first aid kit!

OP
HealeyRick

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
"School for Sccoundrels" 1960 staring Alastair Sim, Terry-Thomas and Ian Carmichael

2gvmrtk.png

The Healey was a BN6 registered as 'PJB 828' which started out her life as a BMC works demonstrator and press car and appeared in "The Motor" magazine. It was later bought by In the early 1960s by Ted Worswick who contacted Abingdon seeking to purchase one of the works team's rally cars but was told that none was available. What was available, however, was 'PJB 828', which Worswick bought together with sufficient special parts to rebuild it to works specification. As part of the deal Worswick got an engine and straight-cut gearbox from a written-off works 3000, plus modified rear suspension and a set of four-wheel disc brakes, which were incorporated into the revitalised 100/6. Here's PJB 828 when it sold at auction by Bonham's at Goodwood in September, 2012 for $140,000:

2887gv9.png

Link to more info: https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/20...h=100&MR0_category=list&MR0_currency=USD&m0=0

Editor_Reid

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
How about them windscreen wipers in the Bella Darvi photo!

For a minute there you had me worried - as the Moderator here - with that comment, but yes, yes, now that I look at them, I see that one is parked in the normal position and one is almost straight up.

And may I say that I admire your powers of concentration, looking past Bella to notice such things.

pan

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Reid,
the "only car sacrificed was some dime-a-dozen Italian job" was a HWM. Once driven by Stiring Moss, this car still exists in England, property of journalist Simon Taylor who currently writes in Motor Sport magazine. The car has been called The Stovebolt Special for many years after the ALTA engine was replaced with a Corvette V8. It had a long career as such in America.
Cheers,
Alwyn