• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Pourquoi viens-tu si tard ?

Editor_Reid

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
...too bad they had to ruin a perfectly good Healey for a B movie, or any movie for that matter.

Notice that they never clearly showed any damage to the Healey. I'm not sure that they actually damaged it.

They placed some debris on the front shroud to simulate the result of an impact, and they apparently crumpled a bonnet, but if you notice there is no clear footage of damage to the rest of the car. Hollywood! (Foreign Subdivision).

Lin

Jedi Knight
Gold
Country flag
Rick,
We are all appreciating these clips, but you have entirely too much time on your hands. Can't you polish some wire wheel spokes or something?
Lin

OP
HealeyRick

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Rick,
We are all appreciating these clips, but you have entirely too much time on your hands. Can't you polish some wire wheel spokes or something?
Lin

Lin.

It's winter, I'm in New England, and the Healeys are asleep in their beds. I truly enjoy researching and finding this stuff, like the "Celebrity Healeys" thread. I got my first Healey, a 1959 bugeye, in 1967, right at the end of Healey production. I find the stuff that was out there when the cars were new fascinating. I retired not that long ago (and I have the cake to prove it)

35mh5hc.jpg

So now I get to enjoy a glass of Jameson's next to the fireplace, cruise the internet, and wait for spring so I can unleash the beasts.

Jealous, yet? (And admit it, who wouldn't enjoy watching The Invisible Man working the gear shift of a Healey invisibly?)

Patrick67BJ8

Obi Wan
Silver
Country flag
Lin.

It's winter, I'm in New England, and the Healeys are asleep in their beds. I truly enjoy researching and finding this stuff, like the "Celebrity Healeys" thread. I got my first Healey, a 1959 bugeye, in 1967, right at the end of Healey production. I find the stuff that was out there when the cars were new fascinating. I retired not that long ago (and I have the cake to prove it)

35mh5hc.jpg

So now I get to enjoy a glass of Jameson's next to the fireplace, cruise the internet, and wait for spring so I can unleash the beasts.

Jealous, yet? (And admit it, who wouldn't enjoy watching The Invisible Man working the gear shift of a Healey invisibly?)
Since I retired I haven't had a day off!! It's beens 24/7, no vacation, buy my own coffee, no sick time, etc., etc.!

drambuie

Jedi Warrior
Since I retired I haven't had a day off!! It's beens 24/7, no vacation, buy my own coffee, no sick time, etc., etc.!
. Hey Rick....I'm iced in Chicago with my Healey tucked away....keep the videos coming! Those blokes from warmer climates just don't understand, it's no fun polishing wire wheels at 5 degrees! BTW.. Nice door gaps on your retirement cake! If you have time, go to youtube and check out "roadracers" full movie. Cool movie to watch when your snowed in!

OP
HealeyRick

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Last Clear Chance is a 1959 American short film produced and directed by Robert Carlisle. Sponsored by Union Pacific Railroad, Last Clear Chance is a safety film intended to warn young drivers to be careful at railroad crossings

Naturally, this film was perfect fodder for the cult classic Mystery Science Theater 3000 (no connection to the AH 3000). The show mainly features a man and his robot sidekicks who are imprisoned on a space station by an evil scientist and forced to watch a selection of bad movies, as part of a psychological experiment, and frequently preceded by short public-domain educational films, newsreels, or serial dramas. To stay sane, the man and his robots provide a running commentary on each film, making fun of its flaws, and wisecracking their way through each reel in the style of a movie-theater peanut gallery:

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag

Yeah but you better hurry up and eat that cake before it spoils--:cool-new:

57_BN4

Thanks Rick, I'm really enjoying these threads.

For a 11-12 year old car that is one beat up Healey. Seems to be missing it's RH outer rocker panel, among other things.

Andy.

drambuie

Jedi Warrior
Now that I look at it again...I think it was a MG that went over the cliff...all of a sudden it had a front bumper and the Gauge faces where black! Did you notice he started it with a key and not a push button! Looks like the actors wrist was not working because it took his whole arm to turn the key! Also those home made brown door panels contrasting with the black seats where really ugly... Let it burn!

57_BN4

Yea I noticed that it suddenly gained a bumper just before going over the cliff. The chassis and exhaust header pipes look very much Healey.

The front bumper is missing for most of the scenes and looks like it ran into something which has creased up the lower shroud so maybe the bumper was too bent up to film. And that grille is mega fugly.