• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

NJMP-Thunderbolt Historics-Lots of Brit-cars

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Those of you in the northeast USA, here's a reminder from the ~Vintage Racers Group~ (VRG).

VRG will hold their <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">September 19th-21st </span></span>Vintage Races and Vintage Airshow at the New Jersey Motorsports Park in Millville , NJ (about 40 minutes south of Atlantic City).

The event is called "The Thunderbolt Historics" and some of the money collected will benefit the local air museum (next to the race track).

There will be several P-51s, P-47 Thunderbolts and other vintage aircraft (static and flying).
The site of the race track was originally used in WW II to train P-47 pilots.

The MG Vintage Racers club and the Allard Owners Group will both be using this event as a "focus event". There will be some excellent British iron on display (and racing!).

There is camping available on site.

~Info~

~More Info~

070508VRGUpcoming.jpg

Monkeywrench

Jedi Trainee
I won't be making it. Between school and the Triumph being out of commision for the year.

Nial, vintage lap time's to shoot for.. The TR4 I crew on did a mid-high 1.19 (has done 2.21's at WGI) and there was a super fast 1275cc Mini (said they won PVGP a while back when Mini's were featured) who was doing high 1.20's. The track should be faster now than it was, seeing how they have had more events to rubber the track in. Keep an eye on your left front tire.

OP
aeronca65t

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Thanks!

I know exactly the Mini you are referring to....it is fast!

Got pretty new skins (Toyo DOTs), but I'll watch them...especially the LF.

Here is what a friend of mine reported after drivng there a few weeks back:

<span style="font-style: italic">The quality of the facilities, although unfinished, is first rate. The track itself is VERY fast (even though I didn't get going very fast myself) and very smooth with good grip level. It's a track that takes a while to figure out how to get right, and because it's so fast, you can screw up your line pretty easily even if you know where you're supposed to be. There are also a couple of spots (most infamously, Turn 1) where substantial courage is needed to get through the turn fast. I never did, and I'm not sure I want to be that courageous. :smile: The track is certainly not wide, but I didn't think it was overly narrow either. 3-wide racing there is probably a bad idea, but then, 3-wide racing isn't really a good idea anywhere. There are sufficient passing opportunities to make racing there worthwhile and you can test your sustained car control by seeing how quickly you're willing to try to go around the bowl before the front straight. There were over 30 cars in our Small Bore group and that did not seem to be an overly crowded race group for that track. </span>

dougie

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Hey-

For those of you living in the beautiful Pacific Northwest, SOVREN'S Fall Final takes place at Pacific Raceway in Kent, WA 9/20-9/21. This years event will feature a 90 minute enduro utilizing 2 drives. Each race grid will get 5 complete races over the 2 day event.

Dougie

dougie

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
You would fit right in. We have a great group of VERY FAST Sprites that race here in the NW. They usually run past most of the Porsches in their grid.

Dougie

RocknTommy

Is there a set time the VRG starts on Saturday?, trying to squeeze in a visit. That frog eye is beautiful.

Country flag
Yeah, that frog eye looks like it was born to be a race car!

bugimike

Yoda
Hopefully I will have some pix to post after the weekend. I mentioned the event to my brother (who lives in S. Jersey) who was on his way to Dover for the NASCAR event. He decided to spend Sat. at NJMP. and promised to send me some pix!! He did report that a GREAT day was spent watching the vintage races, some SCCA races as well as the air show!!

bugimike

Yoda
Well, here it is Monday morning and my brother has sent me these pix from the event!

Attachments

• 12964.jpg
    12964.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 153
  • 12965.jpg
    12965.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 154
  • 12966.jpg
    12966.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 156
  • 12967.jpg
    12967.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 157
  • 12968.jpg
    12968.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 158
  • 12969.jpg
    12969.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 153

bugimike

Yoda
...And some more...

Attachments

• 12970.jpg
    12970.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 151
  • 12971.jpg
    12971.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 152
  • 12972.jpg
    12972.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 155
  • 12973.jpg
    12973.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 151
  • 12974.jpg
    12974.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 149
  • 12975.jpg
    12975.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 153

bugimike

Yoda
And he sent me still more!!...(He is USAF Ret., so I had to include the air-show pix too!
grin.gif
)

Attachments

• 12984.jpg
    12984.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 166
  • 12985.jpg
    12985.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 170
  • 12986.jpg
    12986.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 167
  • 12987.jpg
    12987.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 169
  • 12988.jpg
    12988.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 171
  • 12989.jpg
    12989.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 165

dougie

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Wow,

Blue skies and dry pavement what a great weekend for racing! We weren't as lucky here in the NW over the weekend for our Fall Final races. The sky opened up and it poured and poured rain most of the weekend. Wet and cold is no way to go racing.

Dougie

Twosheds

Darth Vader
dougie said:
Wow,

Blue skies and dry pavement what a great weekend for racing! We weren't as lucky here in the NW over the weekend for our Fall Final races. The sky opened up and it poured and poured rain most of the weekend. Wet and cold is no way to go racing.

Dougie

Dougie, who's in the white TR3?

Looks like my old racecar. Mark York, the owner, runs in SOVREN, but the last I heard from him the car was not ready to race from getting a new engine.

Twosheds

Darth Vader
Twosheds said:
Dougie, who's in the white TR3?

Looks like my old racecar. Mark York, the owner, runs in SOVREN, but the last I heard from him the car was not ready to race from getting a new engine.

Answered my own question. It's not my old car, which is still waiting for it's fresh engine to be installed, among other projects.

A case of mistaken identity.

dougie

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Twosheds,

The white '62 Triumph TR3B is Robin Bee's old car now driven by Peter Jeffrey of Qualicum Beach, B.C. A wet track sure makes for some very forgettable lap times.

Dougie,