• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

MGA 1960 WITH A BIG HEART XJS V12

Sergio

Freshman Member
Hi. I'm new to the forum and I just got a MGA 1960 roadster no engine or trany so I plan to give it a Brits engine the donor is a XJS V12 1991 and it's trany, any susgestions,? will work? <font color="black"> </font>

Bruce Bowker

Obi Wan
Can't believe it will fit(nicely) but good luck. I would personally put at least an MGB engine in but more preferably a 1960 or close to it, MGA engine. Guess I am more of a purist than a hotrodder.

Bruce

OP
Sergio

Sergio

Freshman Member
HI . Thanks for your input I agree is a huge engine, I have a MGB 74 and the hood area on the MGA is longer and wider also I'll keep the XJS front suspension rack and pinion , now I cant go back they're engaged and I hope a happy marriage.

John S Farrington

Jedi Warrior
In the early days of the Jaguar V 12 engine, an E Type series 2 was dramatically stetched to accomodate a V 12 as a test bed. This led to the E Type series 3 production between 1971 and 1974. If you are successful in dropping a V 12 into an MGA frame and coachwork, you should write a book about it!! I would pay particular attention to weight distribution and the consequent effects on handling of this combination. If you want increased horse power but also with a reasonable degree of roadability performance logic tells me that you should look at lighter weight but increased power packs. I cant believe that you would want a GM Turbo Hydramatic transmision on this Hot Rod. It adds to the already increased weight. Shop around for a 5 or 6 speed manual.

OP
Sergio

Sergio

Freshman Member
I know that the MGA was not made to suport this combination, but I'll reinforce the chassy /suspension and after I finishe it must LOOK all original but under the hood a V12 and you're right a 5 or 6 speed manual a must.

PhilW

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
Hi Sergio,

I have a '73 XJ12 donor car with carbs and 4 speed/overdrive that I was considering putting it in something "different". Keep us informed of your progress. So far the only thing I thought my V12 and tranny would fit in was my pick-up truck.

Phil.

bmurphy7369

Jedi Trainee
Sergio,
You are a brave man! Take lots of pictures along the way... I see a book deal in the making. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Best of luck... keep us posted. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/england.gif

OP
Sergio

Sergio

Freshman Member
Hi. Phil you got the set up that I want, but this 91 XJS was a very good deal and I had to keep it, but I'll keep it sample with carbs and it's gona look good, and if you want to put your XJS in your pick up whay not ?in America everything is possible, I love it ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/patriot.gif

OP
Sergio

Sergio

Freshman Member
Hi, Brian thanks for the feedback ,I've been all day on top of the XJS removing harness and clearing the way to hoist it, I'll put this photo on my web page, I have two projects at the same time, but I almost done with the MGB my site is
https://homepage.mac.com/saint007/ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/england.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/patriot.gif

OP
Sergio

Sergio

Freshman Member
Check this out a MGB with a Jaguar V 12

Attachments

• 112351-TN_V12MGB.jpg
    112351-TN_V12MGB.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 460

thegoodbeamer

Jedi Warrior
There was at a local Sport Car Rendezvous a 1940 Ford pick up with the jag 6 cylinder and jag rear end.He was a guy who works on jags and thought it would be fun.Never had a camera but may see him in June.The show rotates between 3 sites,one every year.This year it is in Grand rapids MN