• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

jensen healey?

swift6

Yoda
[ QUOTE ]
Swift, that would be great...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll check into it and let you know. I thought that the last I heard on the rough car was that it was free for the taking. Can't be totally sure on that though. Also, can't promise the seperate engine is for sale at a reasonable price but it won't hurt to ask.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

OP
frankenstang57

frankenstang57

Jedi Warrior
Thanks Swift! Oh and Steve, see where I live now! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gifI enjoyed screwing with my old HOA to the fullest, b-e-l-i-e-v-e me. I have rules named after me! I think the funniest was coming home with a 40' car trailer and parking across 5 visitor parking space.(I knew I was moving in a week) We actually sold our town home for about 30k more than we bought our house with a 4 car unattached shop! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

swift6

Yoda
Frankenstang... The J-H I was referring to is still available, it does not have an engine or a title. It is another white car though. I'm having some difficulty getting in contact with the owner, through the caretaker, but it is most likely a "its yours if you want it" type of deal.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

Country flag
Guys,

I have a 1974 dark blue Jensen Healy I am thinking about selling. Engine runs well with good oil pressure. Drivers floor was rusty & small spot on passenger floor. Have replaced metal in both floors. No major body damage, couple small dings on fender. If anyone is interested give me a PM. I might list later on the forum.

Marv

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Here ya go, Tony!

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Marvin - did you get that one from the little car lot out on 72E near the orchards?

bcliff

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
The Evil Dr. Frankenstang is away for a month, and cars continue to arrive at his stable. Here is his latest baby (Thanks Shawn). Build plate is missing so it is a ?? Jensen Healey. Pretty decent car and I wouldn't be surprised if it became a daily driver. Sure is great to have people haul cars home for you while you are out of town. But hey, what are friends for? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thirsty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

Attachments

• 163349-JH1.jpg
    163349-JH1.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 64
OP
frankenstang57

frankenstang57

Jedi Warrior
Thanx to both Shawn and Bruce, I now have yet another to add to my collection of non running British iron... and I'm 1500 milesaway! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

D

Deleted member 3577

[ QUOTE ]

I had to "play the game" recently when registering my TR8 in Fort Collins. The original title had an extra letter in the VIN and I was fool enough to want the title to match the car.

[/ QUOTE ]
I wanted to have an "S" removed and intended to do it "by the book"....After all the ribbons, seals & signatures were secured, I had one last thing to do...Post it.
The first package (that took 2 days to prepare) was lost by Harrisburg.
The second one was returned because no one is authorized to sign for registered mail?
The second one was resent (through my state rep.) and returned "incomplete" with no instructions or contact number.
Spent a day on the phone trying to find this person.
Was told about an important mystery document that was both essential and unobtainable.
Considered renting a Ryder truck and abandoning it near Penn DOT building.
Removed request for change of VIN# and refiled it through state rep.
Received plate one month later.

OP
frankenstang57

frankenstang57

Jedi Warrior
From what I understand, Pa. is a real pain to deal with. One of my parts Spitfires came from there. The guy who owned it died, and his kids just left it on the property when they sold his house. The new owners of the house sold it to me without a title. I briefley checked into getting one, but man what a hassle. Since the thing was a total rust bucket, I didn't see the point. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Hehe, nice picture of my Jeep... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bruce Bowker

Obi Wan
[ QUOTE ]
S One of them likes to remind me when I'm in there that "you're not a dealer, so you'd better not sell more than 3 cars this year, we'll investigate you!"

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it illegal somehow to sell 4 cars a year? What would they investigate?

Bruce

D

Deleted member 3577

Mr officer I'd like to turn myself in for selling 4 cars last year.

I implore you to make me stop.
please don't force me to make empty threats.

[ QUOTE ]
What would they investigate

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt it would actually get that far. There is probably a special form to be filled out.

OP
frankenstang57

frankenstang57

Jedi Warrior
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gifI actually sold a car to a guy who said that happened to him. They fined him like $75 per car. According to the law, you are only aloud to sell one car for a profit, per year, and the other 2 you need to loose money on. It's the boys at the $tealerships that are tryin' to keep the little guy out. I asked them at the DMV, say I owned 10 Jags. I collect them for a hobby. Now say I get cancer, and need money for treatment. I can't just liquidate my collection legally without bringing a broker into the picture. It's a total scam. One of these days I'll get a dealer's license...

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
In Alabama, its 5 per year without a license..the 6th one, you need to be a dealer....you're correct - its the big dealers keeping the 'hobby' dealer out of the business even though they won't touch our LBC's!

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I think that it's 8 in California.
Was told a few years ago that "If you sell one more car
this year,you need to get a dealer's license".I didn't.

- Doug

D

Deleted member 3577

Guess I'm safe...If I sold 4 cars I'd be on feet.

Really didn't expect to hear that it was one of those laws that they actually enforce.

Suppose if there is $ in it and it doesn't require much work.....

OP
frankenstang57

frankenstang57

Jedi Warrior
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gifOf course, I do put cars in my name, my biz name, my wife, and now my daughter... Soon to be my cat! What ever. There is no way to track things going outa state! hehe.