• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

MGB James Wolfe Visit - One Amazing Kid!

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
James,a 22 year old from North Carolina,stopped by the other day.
He came here & replaced a leaking wheel seal in our driveway.I helped-
I nodded my head "yes" when asked what to do ("Uh Huh,Un Huh").In
other words,he did the work,& i did nothing.
He is nice, humble,& repectful of adults.He's driving a '67 GT,that
is a "driver".He earned the money for the trip,camps out most of the time,
& will do a valve job,or a clutch job in a parking lot if he needs to.
When you talk to him,he's another "car guy",not a young kid.He also
knows more about working on cars than most of us do.It's SO refreshing to
meet someone like this,& I was honored to do so.
He stopped by here in 2011,after the big MG meet in Reno.He received
the "Enthusiast" award there - well deserved.
And the kid doesn't have a GPS!

- Doug

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Doug, if you don't get the irony of this post in the same breath as your rant in the pub, slam your head in a door till you do. No matter what age or what place the good and the bad, the stupid and the smart will co-exist. The smart & good will always outnumber the stupid and bad. The stupid and bad will always be more obvious.

(now go delete your other post so that you don't encourage trolls and curmudgeons ;)

cheers!

OP
AngliaGT

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I'm sorry,but I don't agree with your response.James was with me when the STUPID 17 year oldpassed us on the right,& he backed me up when Iwas attacked by her mother. I stand by my remarks,& will take a break from posting any more comments for awhile.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
I'm sorry,but I don't agree with your response.James was with me when the STUPID 17 year oldpassed us on the right,& he backed me up when Iwas attacked by her mother. I stand by my remarks,& will take a break from posting any more comments for awhile.

Relax Doug, I was chuckling as I wrote. Keep posting! The point is not whether or not it happened - of course it did and it was both stupid and rude of her - and her response doubly so. The simple point is that we take the good and bad together. And, I still maintain that the good far outweighs the bad but, that bad behavior is more evident. (BTW - in my world I deal a lot with seniors - same ratio - I rpomise)

In the meantime, it's all good, and back to cars.....

:grouphug:

James Wolfe first visited my shop when he was about 14 years old, I remember it like it was yesterday. This lady and young man pulled up in front of my shop, and the young man told me he was into MGs, and wanted to know if it was OK to visit, I said sure and they came in. we talked for few minute before we did formal introduction, and when the young man told me he was James Wolfe, my response was "no way" :smile: I had a hard time believing this young man was the same person giving spot-on MG advice on the forums, but it was. At the time I was sworn to secrecy, as most people on the forums had no idea how old James was, later James exposed his age on the MGex forum and people were nothing short of amazed. The truth is James is a second generation LBC person, his father Mark is sharp on these cars as well. James came to my shop about 4-5 years ago and we rebuilt his SU carbs during the summer, he wanted to learn to do this, so his was his hands, and my instructions. James has been the concourse judge at more than one NAMGBR event, and I can't think of anyone more qualified to do this.

James at times on the MGex forum could play the role of smart alic , but I can tell you his personality as many of you know is nothing like that in real life, you will have to look long, and far to find a more respectful young man than James Wolfe, he still calls me Mr. Waldrop, even though ask him to call me Hap :smile: In our LBC hobby where almost everyone is 50 years old, or older, it is very refreshing to see a young man like James have so much interest, and knowledge about our old cars.