• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

A Visit To Coventry

satzman

Jedi Hopeful
I'm planning a trip to the UK and would like to go to the Jaguar museum in Coventry. Has anyone been there -- or are there contacts that can get VIP treatment for a vintage Jag owner?

Grantura_MKI

Darth Vader
Gold
Country flag
I have driven past their very lovely complex a number of times, but have yet to stop in. They even have their own junction off of the highway that is sign posted! You may wonder why I have not stopped...I am usually on my way to visit TVR Power.
Cheers, David.

fncycat

Hello Herb,

I have visited the JDHT museum at the factory, and also the Coventry Motor Museum in the center of town, but can't say I'm familiar with a Jaguar Museum in the city.

When the Factory was open, the JDHT Museum was open on the Last Sunday of each month, but I have no idea if it is anymore now that the factory has been sold. Truly a wonderful collection. I have pictures and an article here:
https://www.jag-lovers.org/saloons/mk1_50/

The Coventry motor Museum as well was well worth the trip. As Coventry was the center of Automobile manufacturing during the the 20th century, many examples of britains finest automobiles are represented. You might also like the Thrust exhibit - The world land speed record car is there as well.

Dan Davis 1959 3.4 Litre (Mark 1) RHD Santa Monica, CA

GregJ

Call ahead to sure you know where you are going,directions, etc. I beleive that the JDHT has now moved and the old factory has been sold. Too bad, a lot of Jaguar history came from there!! But that is just the way of things as all companies are trying to cut overhead

GregJ

Steve

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
Depending on when you go, in May they have the big Classic Car Show at the NEC, half-way between Coventry and Birmingham. Right next to the NEC is the National Motorcycle Museum........you can catch a train and get off at the NEC.

scott421

Beauligh is better in Sept (8th & 9Th)this year . You need more than 2 days to get round .
I went to JDHT museum 2 yrs ago . It was still at Browns Lane at that time . I am not sure if it has moved yet or not . If you Email them they will let you know all the details . They are very easy going and the staff are more than happy to help . All the records are in the offices there too . I had the place to myself when I was there . It was not very big maybe 25/30 cars but this may have changed if they have moved . (there are lots of cars in store )
The Haynes motor museum is worth a look if you are in the westcountry . Loads of cars , nice area etc.

fncycat

I read a news article yesterday which told of a new buyer for the factory. Evidently last years deal fell through.
The new deal sells 100 acres of the site to a developer who will put up office and warehouse space on the site.
17 acres will be spared, and the veneering workshop, the coporate offices and the museum will stay at Browns lane, at least for now!