• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Hey JP...OT

Morris

Yoda
The wife and I are in Italy. You would live it here. Never have I seen so many beautiful ugly cars. No Multipla sightings yet, but I am keeping my eyes peeled.

Jim_Gruber

Yoda
Country flag
Just watch out for those old Fiat 500/600's with the Drivers Side door caved in. When I visited Rome > 30 year ago I heard story that Drivers in Rome did not use horns but simply pounded on their Drivers Side Door as they tried to make their ways across the plazas from crowded streets, across the plaza, into another narrow street. I did see a number of Fiat's with DS Door stove in.

Another tip, if in Rome and near the Vatican cross the street with a Priest or a Nun. Otherwise you'll get run over. And you thought NYC had no respect for pedestrians.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Morris said:
The wife and I are in Italy. You would live it here. Never have I seen so many beautiful ugly cars. No Multipla sightings yet, but I am keeping my eyes peeled.

Thanks! (Though seriously, you're in Italy, think of your wife, not me - just sayin' :whistle: )

I just love beautiful ugly cars - have spent very little time in Italy (one day) but it's on the bucket list. Have fun, keep us posted and post pics if you can (even not of cars - I'm told there is another use for camera's - I think it is pronounced seen-err-ee
grin.gif
)

RaserX

What's this seen ner ee of which you speak? When I think Italy ... Ah Ducati! I for one am not ashamed to say ... I'm soooo jealous. So break out the camera pics of car bikes and this seen er ee stuff. :smile:

G

Kelly is talking Virgin Islands and I keep telling her Italy. She wants all inclusive cause if not, a vaction with me is just working out of town. She doesn't want to have to think.

OP
Morris

Morris

Yoda
Rome was very subdued, but we were there on Sunday. No ducatti sightings so far. But lots of Alfas. Oh how I love Alfas! I do not want to sound like a traitor, but I like Euro cars so much better than American ones. Even the Fords and Chevys look better here.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Morris said:
Rome was very subdued, but we were there on Sunday. No ducatti sightings so far. But lots of Alfas. Oh how I love Alfas! I do not want to sound like a traitor, but I like Euro cars so much better than American ones. Even the Fords and Chevys look better here.

+1 Shhhhh

OP
Morris

Morris

Yoda
Billy, I reccomend Orvietto highly. Not all inclusive, but you are enclosed behind a rampart on top of a hill. Very laid back, excellent food and wine at a fair price, and lots of beautiful ceramics. As I recall, that's Kelly's thing.