• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Got My HIFs Back from Hap. You were right Doc!

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Doc said, when I get the carbs back from Hap Waldrop, just bolt them on and go. I thought that he might be streching the truth a bit, BUT IT'S TRUE! I put them on the car and fired it up. Very minor adjustments were made for balance and idle speed. For the first time since I've had the 72, I can get it to idle below 1200 RPMs without shakeing the car apart. Actually, it will idle down to 800 RPMs, but I set it at 950. Not only do the carbs work like a dream, they look like brand new! Hap will do all my carbs in the future! No question about it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif PJ

Re: Got My HIFs Back from Hap.

Wow, thanks for the kind words. I take alot of pride in what I do and am thrilled you are pleased and they are running good for you. The compliment of how they look pleases me very much as well. I take cosmetics very serious and try hard to make my items look at good as they work.
Thanks again for the kind words, that made my day. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Got My HIFs Back from Hap. You were Right Doc!

I'm truly amazed on how well the car runs. I've went through timing changes,Carb adjusting,(I can't count how many times)and valve clearance adjustments. Untill I put the newly rebuilt carbs on, it would never idle right. Now it's a true pleasure to drive! Thanks again Hap! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif Oh yeah, You were right Doc! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif PJ

Re: Got My HIFs Back from Hap. You were Right Doc!

Stock SU carb building is something that we added to the shop jobs this year, Joe Curto talked me in to it. I have to say I love it, I had built my fair share of carbs over the years and did rebuild kits, but now it's another deal all together, we are also cosmeticly restoring the carbs as well. thats why the looks compliment meant so much to me. I fiquire there's alot of folks out there who put a rebuild kit in, but making the carbs look new is part of the job for me too. How did you like the poished butterflies, I mean no one but you and I will ever see themm, but it only took a couple of minutes and wow did they look good. I also took the time to paint with hight temp paints all the exterior linkage and hardware, this is something that has bothered me in the past, cause I new this stuff would eventually get to looking nasty again after it has been bead blasted and maybe this way, they it will stay looking better, longer.
The next thing I'm going to look into is having all the linkage white or yellow zic plated, for folks that are really detail oriented.

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Re: Got My HIFs Back from Hap. You were Right Doc

So that's why the linkage looks so good! Your right Hap, only you and I know what the butterflys look like, but they look great don't they! It was kind of a shame to cover them up. I forgot to mention that the car has more pep, much more. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif PJ