• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

For Your Viewing

YankeeTR

Luke Skywalker
That Cars and Coffee deal has pretty much turned into "Hey...Look how much money I have"...

I'm sure glad they still let us 'little people' look at their cars...

Now I must confess that I've never been there...but I know there is an 'anti-cars and coffee' deal going on somewhere closeby...kinda funny.

G

Add the value of all those cars up and you have the net worth of Louisiana.

A little rich for my blood.

MadRiver

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag
Interesting. The whole Ferrari thing is a bit lost on me, I have to admit. It's probably just my personal taste, but if I had the money, a Ferrari would be the last vehicle I'd buy. Always struck me that the vast majority of Ferrari owners bought their cars because they had a lot of money, didn't know anything about vehicles, and just sort of defaulted to it. Very much like the husband of a colleague of mine (she works part-time for "something to do"). He hit 40, bought a Ferrari.

To be clear, this isn't sour grapes -- I am enough of a capitalist to appreciate those who can afford such things. I just prefer things a bit different, which is why I bought the 250 instead of the 6. For me, if I had the cash and wanted to buy a high performance car, I'd get an Aston, a Ford GT, a contemporary Cobra Mk V. Or at least an older, more interesting Ferrari, like a Daytona. I don't see the appeal of a Maranello, just like I didn't see the appeal of the 308 back in the day. Oh well, just my 2 cents.

kodanja

Obi Wan
Country flag
NOICE!!!!

TR4nut

Yoda
Country flag
I'm sorry, but that mix up with the Cobra really cracked me up, no pun intended. I feel for the driver, but driving something like that, just past a sign that says 'no burnouts', and then wrecking out in front of everyone - well that is just priceless!

Randy

tdskip

Yoda
Country flag
For whatever it is worth, while there is some seriously expensive and rare iron there, there are also lots of cars owned by every day enthusiasts.

The local Triumph club meets there every second Saturday to start a full morning of driving and eating...

If you go looking for attitudes there are plenty to be found, but likewise if you are looking for normal (well, as normal as this part of SoCal gets anyway) folks who do their own work you'll find plenty...

toysrrus

Yoda
Hi Folks; Just passing thru:

I have a couple of Friends who own "308 Ferraris":

In My Opinion; "What a Piece of S____t!! One friend is trying to Dump His ($19K)/Very Nice Shape / Not a taker in the World! God Forbid You have an Electrical Problem; You had better know an "Electrical Engineer"!

You really don`t need a Ton of Cash to buy a Ferrari: What you do need is a "Ton of Cash to Maintain a Ferrari"! When a Tune-Up Cost You $5 - $7K ea yr; Thats Insane in My Book: Then You need to have your Ferrari Flat Bedded somewhere (Southern NJ is the closest) to a Rocket Scientist/ God forbid you ask "How Much and When can I get It back"!

Anyways; "Some of those Ferrari Guys" do have the Cash to Maintain their Cars / Some of them, Its a "Status Symbol" and have a hard time finding the Gas Filler Cap!

Enough out of Me;

I Love My TR4A & E-Type Jag Rdstrs;

Regards, Russ

YankeeTR

Luke Skywalker
Back about '90, I dragged a Countach around to four auctions before it got sold...I had to drive it before I parked it so the carbs wouldn't load up the engine while loading/unloading/waiting to drive it across the block. This was AFTER a $3500.00 'tune-up'.

A Testarossa seemed to be a better bet at the time. All the dealers I talked to said they were more 'user friendly' and were cheaper to maintain than the Countach...but still not inexpensive.

There's a 1990 Testarossa for sale in my area priced at $35K...a pretty good deal I would think.

The 308 Ferrari is simply a Fiat with lockwashers...

toysrrus

Yoda
Hey tr6_easyrider;

Thanx for taking the time to post the Pics:

I think their Great and I`m certain that All the BCF Members really appreciate them & Yourself:

Regards, Russ