• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Been awhile, but here she is! Pics Up-dated! PRIMED

Blackjokr

Jedi Warrior
Been awhile, but here she is! Pics Updated! PRIMED

Hey guys! Been awhile. First let me aplogize for my enthusiasm and zeal here. It's probably equivalent to a 5 year old little kid on Christmas morning, but I am VERY excited!! I hope this does nto come across as boasting...I just want to tell somebody who might enjoy this. My family cannot understand the obsession and my friends can;t either! LOL! Anyway, I have been bugging "Vic the car guy" about my little 79 midget. He said she'd move quick now. Due date is either this month or next!! WOO HOO! Anyway, she went from sitting in the parking lot for 2 months to paint removal in October. Then she sat for another month and a half. Now she is in the shop!! The body had the major bodywork completed. The next day she was primed with the first coat and the engine compartment was painted black and reassembled! Next is a little more bodywork and about another 2 coats of primer to ensure she is straight. The engine will be put back in hopefully next week as well!! I cannot believe how good she looks close up...even not at the final stage for painting! Her doors looked rippled like an ocean when she went in and they are **** near laser straight now. Incredible to see the transformation! I just wish I had the skills and knowledge to do so myself! I know some of you guys are pros at this stuff. Not sure how you learned but I envy you all!! Anyway, pics are below:

Mg Midget Restoration...check out the last 10-12 pics or so here.

Also, looks like my new home with the 6 garages is coming through! They have one thing to fix and we're golden! The additional 4 car garage was built by the owner himself. He worked as pit crew chief for a drag racing team in the 70's/80's and built the garage for working on cars. Then he worked for a few car magazines writing articles, etc.. You can basically put 4 cars in one of the 2 car bays and STILL ride a bicycle wround them no problem! He did an amazing job. He even put an office upstairs! He's restored a few old cars in his day and is very knowledgable in the field. He's offered me the opportunity to purchase all of his toolsets and tools. There has got to be at least 3-6 giant Snap-On professional tool kits in there on wheels! I have NO idea what to offer...suggestions?? I wish I was rich! LOL! I hope I can really afford this place! It's like a dream come true!! Anyway, thanks for listening. I hope to post more pics soon. I will probably be in here everyday for the next few months since I am doing all of the rewiring and interior myself. As some of you know I already did the seats. They are sitting in my apartment wrapped in black garbage bage ready to install! My daughter uses them as living room furniture. I guess I have to thank some of you guys for actually enjoying my adventure with this little car. It's nice to talk to peiple who share your enthusiasm! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/square.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grouphug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/patriot.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/england.gif

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Re: Been awhile, but here she is! Pics Updated! PRIMED

Lookin good, another saved from the grave.

Gearhead

Jedi Trainee
Country flag

Try to find a Snap-On dealer in your area to estimate the value of the tools if the boxs are full of stuff you don't want to insult him on the value of the tools, Snap-On stuff is not cheap to buy or cheat yourself buy paying too much try to get an inventory of the tools and least get a Sears catalog and estimate yourself good luck with getting that garage and house sounds like a great deal keep going with the car your halfway there. Mark

Baz

Yoda
Country flag

Excellent Lou!
Still want pics of that garage!

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag

I think I would ask him what he will take for them first, then if it seems unreasonable would ask if I could do an inventory to determine actually what is there.

Whith that many cabnents there is prob 10K or more new. However, used tools have only a fraction of new value and not because they are not still good for many many years or even generations.

OP
B

Blackjokr

Jedi Warrior

I promise that when (if) this house deal finalizes (man, it takes forever it seems sometimes!) taht I will take pics of the garage!

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag

haha, and this too shall pass.

msoylemez

Jedi Trainee

First (and golden) rule of negotiating: have the other person make the first offer.

OP
B

Blackjokr

Jedi Warrior

Thanks, fellas!