• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Another one comes out of the barn

dawar

Freshman Member
Actually I found this 100-6 at an estate auction as a parts car.I have a 100-6 project that I bought a few years ago, but the shrouds and frame are much better on this one.There was a 1967 reg and license plate plate in the car, had it searched by our MV, they found nothing since so it appears to have sat since 67. When I got it home I got the hood open, the pull rod was gone, and checked the engine over, oil in the cylinders, hooked up a battery and gas can, it started easy and runs good, compression is 170-180. The vin is BN42053883, would this be a 58? The engine tag is missing and the green is wrong so I assume it was rebuilt at some time. The trans is stuck in neutral, is this common on cars that have sat a long time? I will do a complete restoration on this car, so I will have many more questions to come. Thanks, Dave W

Attachments

• DSC00049b.jpg
    DSC00049b.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 189
Country flag
I think you might have a Longbridge built car.

Healey Nut

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Does it have a gallery head and are the hand screw nuts that hold the side screens if they are still on the car four pointed square-ish shaped ?

Country flag
Look at the bows for the top, and the interior panels in the rear. I've been looking for a pair of the star nuts for years for my windows!

Country flag
That's the little devils right there��

British_Recovery

Jedi Warrior
Bronze
Country flag
Dave,
Fourth character in the vin is probably an L rather than a 2, and the next is an O rather than a zero.
Trans problem could be the selector being frozen to the rod so it doesn't slide. Drain the trans and you can easily remove the side cover to see what's going on.
Good luck,
Bob

DerekJ

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
As Bob says the car number is BN4L-O-53883 which was assembled in Nov/Dec 1957 when production was switching from Longbridge to Abingdon. It could have produced at either but I would say, probably Abingdon. It should have the six port head but apart from that it will have all the other features of the Longbridge cars. It is also right in the middle of the first batch of six port cars which means it could have had a Morris Green painted engine. Perhaps you can check to see if this is the case and let me know. You can find more information about these cars on my website.

wolf

Country flag
nice find ! should give you many hours of pleasure as you restore , as well as a few times of pain in the a_ _ but you will be all smiles when it is done . enjoy

OP
D

dawar

Freshman Member
Thanks for the replies, I will check the sidescreens today, as to the numbers I only have the old reg, no firewall tag, but it was probably registered wrong when it was imported.I was wondering if I could pull the trans side cover without a lot of pieces popping out, thanks Bob. Derek, thanks for the dates, it has the six port head, I was going to ask about the paint, althought it has the wrong green now, when I pressure washed it some of the paint came off the valve cover showing the morris green, also the motor mounts are morris green. lots of good info on your website.
Dave W

British_Recovery

Jedi Warrior
Bronze
Country flag
As far as parts popping out - there will be springs holing small balls, vertical leading edge of case. See the parts book or Moss catalog. They should be without much tension by the time the bolts are loosened. Try to preserve the thin paper gasket. Shifter comes off with the side cover as a unit.

Healey Nut

Luke Skywalker
Country flag