• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

AH restoration guide...worth a lot of money!

AUSMHLY

Obi Wan
Country flag
I am helping a fellow Healeyist restore his BJ8. I recommended he get the Austin Healey 100/100-6/3000 restoration guide.

I know our Healey's are going up in value, but what's up with a $35.00 book now going for $500.00. So I did a search to find most places out of stock and the ones that have it, not selling for $35 any more.

Here's what's on Ebay at the moment. Click HERE

Where can the book be found for the real price of $35.00

I'll offer mine here for the low low buy it now... only $498.99

Cheers,
Roger

Editor_Reid

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
Apparently there has already been at least one reprint; note the different covers. Amazing if they get that kind of money, but you can't argue with "supply and demand"... well, you can, but it's a waste of everyone's time. :cheers:

57_BN4

I got a s/h copy at a very reasonable price from a fellow group member here so they are about. As a temporary measure PM me and I'll fwd a link to a soft-copy of the book that I downloaded off Google Books not so long ago.

Great thing about Google Books is you can search online in Google for info and it will highlight the text and page number which saves thumbing through the actual book to find it. I always wanted a book with CTRL-F function!

bighealeysource

Luke Skywalker
Bronze
Country flag
I was speaking to Roger Moment and he and Gary Anderson are going to be coming out with a reprint soon. Be a lot more color photos in this one. Don't know how soon but at least it's going to be reprinted !

Country flag
I learned a long time ago, if you want a book, buy it when it comes out; this is especially true of books for low-volume sportscars!

There may be a couple of Healey books I don't have, but not any I'm aware of.

Randy Harris

Jedi Warrior
Hey, I hate to undercut you Rog but I'll sell mine for $400.
Randy

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
AUSMHLY said:
I'll offer mine here for the low low buy it now... only $498.99

Cheers,
Roger
Does that include shipping?

abarth69

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I have one of these I can sell it how about $100 plus shipping.

Cheers

Mark

OP
AUSMHLY

AUSMHLY

Obi Wan
Country flag
John Turney said:
Wow, I guess I had best take better care of my copy! It has appreciated more than my Healey! :shocked:

That's exactly where I was going!

Now the question is, will my used copy having worn pages, grease on them, etc, bring more money as a survivor, aka patina, vs a brand new unused edition :smile:

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Just looked on Abebooks prices range from $640 - $1055 amazing!

Editor_Reid

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
The real irony is that this book is basically the Concours Guidelines, with a lot of small photos. If you think you need this book, I'd recommend buying the Concours Guidelines and see if they don't serve the purpose. Even if you are not satisfied with the Guidelines (and don't draw a conclusion until you can compare them to the book), you're out only $25 or so; whatever the going rate is for the Guidelines.

Plus, I think you can get the Guidelines on disk, meaning that they are searchable in a way that no print book is.

Plus, the Guidelines are updated every year, so you'll get even more-current information with the Guidelines than you will in a book that was published years ago.

See Austin-Healey Concours Registry

Patrick67BJ8

Obi Wan
Silver
Country flag
Reminds me of a story I was told that the reason the XKE Jags shot up in value so high so quickly several years ago was that a close circle of friends or business aquaintenances cooked up a scheme to inflate the value of their cars by selling and having another person(s) bid on them and actually buy the cars and/or "reserve not met" ending.
The ones that got in early and out early made money. The others are hopefully enjoying their cars in the storage garages.
Seems like a good story...true or not, but maybe good for discussion.
Patrick

OP
AUSMHLY

AUSMHLY

Obi Wan
Country flag
Digger said:
Amazon sent me an email that the Restoration Guide is going to be reissued on February 1, and they are listing it for $32.92. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1906133204/ref=pe_5050_18327020_snp_dp

Hello Digger,
That's good news, but that's not the restoration guide I recommend in this post.
I was referring to the one by Gary Anderson and Roger Moment. Photo of that guide is on the very first post here on page one.

OP
AUSMHLY

AUSMHLY

Obi Wan
Country flag
Here's what Amazon is listing as availability today, 23 Jan 2011.

$350.00+ $3.99shipping
Used - Very Good
Seller: gary7971
Seller Rating:98% positive over the past 12 months. (2,588 total ratings)
In Stock. Ships from OR, United States. Expedited shipping available.
International & domestic shipping rates and return policy.
Trade paperback. MBI Publishing 2000. Binding solid, pages clean, no highlighting or underlining. No grease stains. Minimal w... » Read more

$462.87+ $3.99shipping
Used - Very Good
Seller: TSCBOOKS
Seller Rating:94% positive over the past 12 months. (54,620 total ratings)
In Stock.
Domestic shipping rates and return policy.
Excellent Customer Service - Satisfaction Guaranteed - May have been withdrawn from library circulation

$650.00+ $3.99shipping
Used - Like New
Seller: vladi1083
Seller Rating:100% positive over the past 12 months. (1,670 total ratings)
In Stock. Ships from CA, United States.
slightly different picture, same edition, same ISBN

$1,014.16+ $3.99shipping
Used - Very Good
Seller: Livrenoir
Seller Rating:96% positive over the past 12 months. (23,486 total ratings)
In Stock. Ships from United Kingdom. Learn more about import fees and international shipping time.
Specializing in rare and out-of-print titles. Dispatched from London via Royal Mail, with an average delivery timeframe of 7 ... » Read more