• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

A Triumph.....no Triumphs to be found.

tomgt6

Jedi Warrior
I must not have any taste. I would take about 1\2 of those cars because they are so ugly. The newer American cars I don't think are ugly but just don't have any style or personality.

I guess I believe the ugly duckling will grow into the beautiful swan.

Country flag
The saying goes there is no such thing as an ugly rich guy...there's no such thing as an ugly Ferrari....! They're both worth more than is in my checking account!! LOL :laugh:

ObiRichKanobi

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I'd gladly take one of those ugly Bricklins or De Loreans off someone's hands...

14dna

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
I take offense to the El Camino.
I have a '64 in my yard that gets more attention at car shows than any Mustang.
Obviously, I have different tastes than the writer.

Dave :driving:

3798j

Darth Vader
Bronze
Country flag
14dna said:
I take offense to the El Camino.
I have a '64 in my yard that gets more attention at car shows than any Mustang.
Obviously, I have different tastes than the writer.

Dave :driving:

Dave you're right, the writer is way off base naming the El Camino. By the way, I always thought the '64 was among the nicest.

Andrew Mace

Staff member
Country flag
I think this one caption pretty much sums up the cluelessness of the article's author:

<span style="font-style: italic">Volkswagen Thing

Introduced: 1969

This is the design philosophy of the Thing: Take the basics of the Beetle—an engine, powertrain, and seats—and plop them in an unfinished metal box. There's no front grille, the bumper is an afterthought, and nobody bothered to round the fenders.</span>

It's just not even worth contradicting; that's how clueless this clown is. :confuse:

Country flag
Opinions are like....um....belly buttons, everyone has one and we know what the author has stuck in his! :laugh:

Sarastro

Obi Wan
Silver
Country flag
I'm always a little annoyed by articles like this, which don't simply present an opinion as if it were absolute truth, but seem to imply that there's no question about it. Pretty smug. I can't imagine an editor of any competence letting this get into print.

As a friend once put it, quite succinctly, "There are people who create, and people who criticize."

kodanja

Obi Wan
Country flag
It is a matter of taste..

but come on some of those were really butt ugly'

John_Mc

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Andrew Mace said:
I think this one caption pretty much sums up the cluelessness of the article's author:

<span style="font-style: italic">Volkswagen Thing

Introduced: 1969

This is the design philosophy of the Thing: Take the basics of the Beetle—an engine, powertrain, and seats—and plop them in an unfinished metal box. There's no front grille, the bumper is an afterthought, and nobody bothered to round the fenders.</span>

It's just not even worth contradicting; that's how clueless this clown is. :confuse:

I once drove my brother's Thing from Phoenix to San Jose, and I think I saw two Things along the way (which actually seems like a lot). They were easy to spot...I'd look down the divided freeway (I-5) about a mile and look for a car with about 4 people in it practically falling out trying to wave at me! Talk about rabid fans! To Thing owners, it is the most sophisticated, beautiful creation ever conceived my humankind!

UmmYeahOk

Jedi Warrior
Like most children of the 80s, I feel that my opinion holds more weight than anyone elses... ...Damian Joseph is full of crap!!! For one thing picture #20 is the car Ive wanted since I was 4! Another thing is, a lot of these cars arent really that bad, they just have outdated styling. Others I actually like, and wouldnt mind driving. Also hes taken pictures of old faded cars and modified ones, so of course they look ugly. Some cars I wouldnt call "ugly" but I wouldnt drive one either. And finally, why do people wonder why I drive the same car Ive owned since 1998? Why did I go out and buy a 1967 triumph? Why not just buy a new car? You wanna know why?!? Heres why!!!
nissan-cube-i02.jpg
163_0811_2008_laas_09z+2009_nissan_cube+rear_glass.jpg
1101.jpg

concept_Kia_Soul_frontangle_cs_430.jpg

SOUL%20REAR.jpg

honda-insight.jpg

2008-TechArt-Magnum-based-on-Porsche-Cayenne-Front-Angle-Tilt-1280x960.jpg

prius.jpg

3260999913_3c964a8517.jpg

Thats just a small few of the Brand New vehicles that I think are hideously ugly. Hm... ...I just noticed that not a single one of these are domestics... ...arent imports selling like hotcakes? Dont I see these vehicles on the road everyday? Maybe we all here really dont have taste after all. Then again, if that were true, I wouldnt keep getting compliments on my cars.