• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

2012 Kas at Walter Mitty

TR4nut

Yoda
Country flag
Looks like you shot that at the top of the top of the Esses, I was snapping pics right at the base of them.

Great time, nice to see Kas and all the Triumphs there. Managed to say hi to Jerry VV, Marv, and Hap. Will try to post a pic of Hap in action if I can but it will be a few days before we're back home.

Country flag
Just got home myself. My first time and really enjoyed it, had a good time and to my surprise, my wife asked if we were going next year. Got to talk to Kas and Joe Alexander for a minute. I didn't get to met Hap, maybe next year! Randy, good to put a face with the name. Met a bunch of the 6 Pack guys as well.

Marv

Country flag
Vettedog,
I didn't watch your video until just now. I saw was setting less than 50 feet away from you to the left during the TR race, on the other side of the Jack Daniels tent. I talked to Tony the driver of the TR250K, he said he let off on the car after the first two laps. I thought he was ringing it out pretty good but he claimed he was taking it easy. If that was easy, I'd like to see it flat out.

marv

Monkeywrench

Jedi Trainee
Marvin Gruber said:
Vettedog,
I didn't watch your video until just now. I saw was setting less than 50 feet away from you to the left during the TR race, on the other side of the Jack Daniels tent. I talked to Tony the driver of the TR250K, he said he let off on the car after the first two laps. I thought he was ringing it out pretty good but he claimed he was taking it easy. If that was easy, I'd like to see it flat out.

marv

Our camp was hoping to give it a run for its money. The TR4 was right with him at the Glen in 2008, but had to drop out on the first lap. The 250K has some nice mods that the production cars don't have, and it's excellently driven.

Problems during the tow to Road Atlanta forced the car to come back home. Glad to see the Cup go to Randy Williams in the TR3. He and his crew are some of the nicest guys in the paddock.

We should be at Watkins Glen and NJMP later this year.

TR4nut said:
Looks like you shot that at the top of the top of the Esses, I was snapping pics right at the base of them.

Great time, nice to see Kas and all the Triumphs there. Managed to say hi to Jerry VV, Marv, and Hap. Will try to post a pic of Hap in action if I can but it will be a few days before we're back home.

Randy, if you got a good one of me, please email me a copy.
This event , while great for spectating, this event is a big ole hassle for a racer, we had 60+ cars in group 2, gridding the that large of field was a total nightmare, my water temp gauge was pegged leaving the grid, I thought my day was done right then, but the water temps came back down as I got going, only to have oil pressure issue late in the race. I can't say I do this race gain, it's a huge event, but just too big of a hassle for the racer.

OP
V

vettedog72

Jedi Knight
Marv, I saw that TK250 over on your side of the start finish line rolling to the grid AFTER all the cars were out on the track for the last (car) race Sunday. He passed every one on the track. I don't see how he was holding back! The TR250K is a real racer and driven by a real race car driver.

Country flag
It was Saturday night at the tent party when I talked to Tony. He said was he was from New Zealand. I told him I liked his driving. He said do the driving school. Now that would have been fun. We headed home Sunday morning, he must have aired it out then.

Marv