• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

16 Bugeyes and about 5 later Sprites at the ABFM Portland

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Great day (even hot). Pics to come.

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Mine is in one pic (at pink arrow)... placed 3rd (owing to some mods like Minilite wheels). Dscn0229.jpgDscn0231.jpg
Adding: I never go expecting to win anything. There are some really mint and original cars at the show every time.

Last edited:

nomad

Yoda
That's a bunch of bug eye's! I assume the rest of the show had a similar turn out.

Kurt.

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Yes, just under 800 cars (making it one of the largest in the US). Huge numbers of Minis this year (100+), but everything else you can imagine. Oddly, though, only about 5 square-body, later, Sprites.

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Great line up of Bugeyes!

SaxMan

Darth Vader
Country flag
It does seem that given that the Bugeyes make up a smaller percentage of the total Sprite population, they seem to exist today in totally disproportionate numbers compared to the later models. Heck, I didn't even know there was such a thing as a non-Bugeye Sprite until I came across the one I bought.

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Good point. More iconic to me, and supposedly Donald's favorite design (even if the lights were supposed to retract).

SaxMan

Darth Vader
Country flag
Good point. More iconic to me, and supposedly Donald's favorite design (even if the lights were supposed to retract).

I would agree, much the same way the '57 Chevrolet is considered more iconic than the '55 or '56. All three years were fairly similar, but the '57 tends to be considered the icon of 50s Americana.

bug_sixty

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Yes. I did the Sat. event... Nice very warm day too. Love the Portland event.. so much to see and do. The BE's were in force for sure. There's always a good show of British vehicles... The group that has grown by leaps and bounds in the classic group I think is the Land Rovers of old...The safari ones in particular. Of notice this year for me was a young man racing his BE on a shoe string... What a thrill to see!! new blood...Love it...

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Yes. I did the Sat. event... Nice very warm day too. Love the Portland event.. so much to see and do. The BE's were in force for sure. There's always a good show of British vehicles... The group that has grown by leaps and bounds in the classic group I think is the Land Rovers of old...The safari ones in particular. Of notice this year for me was a young man racing his BE on a shoe string... What a thrill to see!! new blood...Love it...

I agree. The Rovers were there in HUGE numbers (though I think there were more last year due to being a "marque" then). Some of the camping variants are amazing.