• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Some interesting racing history...

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
That is so cool...I just sent that to about 15 of my racing buddies.
Many of them will recognize the tracks that are now closed.

OP
YankeeTR

YankeeTR

Luke Skywalker
I like the picture of the Jag XK 120 in the hay bales.

Looking at the final pages, which are the 1962 SCCA final points standings, you find Don Yenko (Yenko Camaros and others), Hap Sharp, Roger penske, Bob Tullius and even Lynn Blanchard a Wisconsin driver who my brother worked for back in the 60's.

I also love the quote..."You MUST be cheating because I'm cheating and you're beating me"!

And check out the 'driver's meeting' cartoon around the first three pages...priceless!

TRMark

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag
Really, some neat stuff there. A Cadillac-Triumph? Hate to think about how they made it fit.

bugimike

Yoda
Thanks for posting that!! Really neat!! the final years was a lot of fun going through as that was when I was most actively involved (in Formula Junior). The list of names brought back some very fond memories!!! Some of those rosters read like a "who's who" of racing today!!! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Agreed. Found both the now legendary and some folks I know on those. Doc Wyllie and wife Peg, Bob Rost, the McClures, Chuck Stoddard... it's all kinda scary in a "time" sense. Wow.

And Steve McQueen, Donahue, Denise McC... Very interesting.

Coldplugs' Da is on there, too!

billspohn

Jedi Knight
Country flag
TRMark said:
Really, some neat stuff there. A Cadillac-Triumph? Hate to think about how they made it fit.

Hey, no problem - that Caddy engine bay could fit two TR motors......

bugimike

Yoda
DrEntropy said:
Agreed. Found both the now legendary and some folks I know on those. Doc Wyllie and wife Peg, Bob Rost, the McClures, Chuck Stoddard... it's all kinda scary in a "time" sense. Wow.

And Steve McQueen, Donahue, Denise McC... Very interesting.

Coldplugs' Da is on there, too!

Ain't dat da trut!! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/jester.gif

TRMark

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag
billspohn said:
TRMark said:

Hey, no problem - that Caddy engine bay could fit two TR motors......

Hmmm, I figured one in the bay and one in the boot. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbsup.gif

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Hello, Cliff! The info has had me reading for DAYS. We were Steel Cities Region denizens for a number of years in the late '60's thru the late '70's.

I gotta send you a PM with a question!

bugimike

Yoda
DrEntropy said:
Hello, Cliff! The info has had me reading for DAYS. <span style="color: #FF0000">We were Steel Cities Region denizens for a number of years in the late '60's thru the late '70's</span>.

I gotta send you a PM with a question!

Doc., Now I KNOW we had to have rubbed elbows in the past!!! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif Does this car look at all familiar to you (usually ran as 38)? /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Attachments

• 5960-crossle3.jpg
    5960-crossle3.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 108

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
umm...uh-oh... Now you're ringin' half dead synapse connections. Yes, vaguely. Red, IIRC. Sure to have pictures of it here.

Our FA car was "Tyrrell-Yoho". Red with yellow lettering/logo. Old DeTomato chassis we cobbed V8 Chevy 350's into. Zed-F transaxle... You are bound-and-determined to have me rummaging thru piles of OLD negatives & 'chromes, ain't ya, Mikey. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/jester.gif

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
This shot was taken in '78, IIRC. Myron Yoho. Ledges, regional.

bugimike

Yoda
Hehehe, I'm doin' that all the time meself Doc. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif She wasn't red though, but that Franch racing baby-blue! We used to haul it with a red pick-up though!! (and then later on the back of a VW flat-bed - y'know, like the van only with just the cab and a deck behind it!) Do da name Bruce Klussman ring a bell?

She came from Ireland with a Lotus twincam which we ran for a coupla seasons and then switched to a twin-plug Alfa!

Nice pic!!

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
French blue... like I woulda looked at THAT twice! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/devilgrin.gif

Other fellas I hung out with:

R.P. (Bob) Rost; EP Duetto
Tommy & Jim Boffo; CS mini's (National Champs, I might add)
Dick "Scotty" Scott; FF (Owner of "RedLine Racing", Shadyside)
Burt Young; CLAPPED OUT Giulietta ("Burt Young for MAYOR!")
Kenny Hoffman; FF
Jerry (blankly stares into space); EP MGB. (we drank a LOT of Walker Black together, too /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif )

bugimike

Yoda
DrEntropy said:
French blue... <span style="color: #3366FF">like I woulda looked at THAT twice! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/devilgrin.gif</span>
Other fellas I hung out with:

R.P. (Bob) Rost; EP Duetto
Tommy & Jim Boffo; CS mini's (National Champs, I might add)
Dick "Scotty" Scott; FF (Owner of "RedLine Racing", Shadyside)
Burt Young; CLAPPED OUT Giulietta ("Burt Young for MAYOR!")
Kenny Hoffman; FF
Jerry (blankly stares into space); EP MGB. <span style="color: #FF0000">(we drank a LOT of Walker Black together, too /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif )</span>

<span style="color: #3366FF">That was the color John Crossle, the builder, was partial to!! I guess his Irish/French ancestry!</span>I do remember Red Line Racing/Scotty from various paddocks!! and Kenny Hoffman sounds familiar! I'm pretty sure I musta watched all those guys at one point or another though! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<span style="color: #FF0000"> and that explains a lot too!!! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/devilgrin.gif </span>

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
<sarcasm>Ok, the talk is getting a bit too colorful in here. I'm going to have to ask you folks to tone it down a bit!</sarcasm> /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/jester.gif

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Blame Mike. I eschew colour. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/devilgrin.gif

Kenny worked for Scotty off-an'-on, did a lot of prep work on the FF Scotty ran. He was also a H.S. classmate of 'smits, one of the responsible parties for introducin' Her 'n me. Close friend.

Kenny and Myron were both involved in a shunt at the Ledges in '81 (I think). Both were killed as a result. 'smits 'n me had just moved here and had no way to get back 'home' then. Very traumatic period.

Pretty much put me off racing.