• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Zulu has crossed the Rainbow Bridge

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Just as Paul recently posted about his 20 year old kitty, today we just had to make the hard decision with our (almost) 20 year old Zulu. Zulu was a long haired Calico that was from the litter of a cat belonging to my son's then high school girl friend. She was a good, albeit very shy kitty that mostly liked to stay by herself, but would often sleep at the foot of our bed. She had a good, long, mostly healthy life, but recently she went down hill fast. Her kidneys had shut down and she had stopped eating.

I just got back from the vet (Mary didn't want to go), when they euthanized her about an hour ago. Glad to say she passed very peacefully and I was glad I could be with her. Now we are down to one cat - a Russian Blue named - Blue that we adopted a couple years ago when she was a stay that kept hanging around our back porch.

Zulu a couple years ago doing what she loved to do - hide.
Zulu Xmas Tree.jpg

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
That is always a hard thing to do Basil.

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Tough to let the little critters go, sad to hear it Basil.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Sorry to hear about your loss Bas.

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Sorry for your loss.
It is hard to let the go but when the time comes we try to do the best for them.

David

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
I'm so sorry. Don't forget to heap extra love on the rest of your pets. They'll be missing Zulu as well.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Sorry for your loss Basil, It's a tough decision to put them to sleep I know, but we have no choice. I think about my cat, also a Calico, all the time. :cry:

LarryK

Yoda
Country flag
Sorry to hear. We lost one last yr, young at 8 to cat virus. Trying to get our 16 yr old's blood pressure in line before he looses his sight. I named him Bentley and you can guess why. Still got two 9 yr old Siamese.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Sorry to hear. We lost one last yr, young at 8 to cat virus. Trying to get our 16 yr old's blood pressure in line before he looses his sight. I named him Bentley and you can guess why. Still got two 9 yr old Siamese.
We're down to just one kitty - a Blue named Blue that adopted us. Real sweey little girl and a great mouser.