Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
If Not... I would think excess free play or excess free motion of movement before engagement? I would also think the finger's tabs would need to be pretty worn or missing to experience that though.
I don't have one out but I'm sure someone must have a new one they can mic out for ya. If not maybe your favorite supplier can mic one for ya.
Unfortunately, I don't see or have any spec for the shift fork itself that's why you need to find someone with a new one. Not a common replacement part that I am aware of unless it's broken, bent, or spread.
Thanks fellows. Paul, that site seems to have a wealth of info so I book marked it. I will print out the tranny stuff. Dumb me I forgot that I have Nelson Reidel's great series on rebuilding the tranny, gearbox and overdrive. In the cover section he says, "one of the mechanics at TRF said that the fork should be replaced when the end is worn to the same thickness as the stem". That seems definitive ehough for me!
Thanks for all your input.
Gotta Love the forum!
Tinkerman
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.