• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Group statistics

Members:
Threads:
Discussions:
Photos:

Group events

Photography

Why Hasselblad is so expensive.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Thanks for that. I don't recall seeing it before, very interesting. My medium format cameras were Yashica and later, Mamiya TLR's in the analog days. Shot plenty of images with 'blads when working for a studio. The Air Force had a few but they didn't get "spread around" much. I've never even seen a digital one. A curiosity is why they retained interchangeable backs on those. Are they capable of accepting the old film backs? I can't think of another reason, it seems "excess to requirement" as the images are stored on a card, not the backs.

And with the outrageous cost of the things it looks like I'm stickin' with my "toy" crop-sensor Nikons! As mentioned in another post, even most of the images shot for publication end up reproduced either on the 'net or in print, in sizes so small even the resolution with a "small" sensor is far and away now good enough. The 'blads have their place with product and fashion shots, sure. But for most work the full-frame and even the DX format units serve well IMHO. But if we're talkin' "bragging rights", well... :rolleyes2:

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
I had not seen that video so thank you.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I'd like to actually see that in use. How would the film advance in an older back on one of the new bodies? Must be that there are newer film backs made for the digital bodies, motor advanced. Seems like a waste of money then. One of the digital backs has a 500 megapixel sensor, seems that would be the way to go if using a 'blad at all. And it's a rarefied atmosphere where these things are used anyway. Money no object altitudes, places where art directors' dreams are realized and photographers' hopefully astronomical fees are paid. πŸ˜‰

Just glad to see there's a market for such things.