• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Who's watching Ted Lasso?

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Mrs. JP & I have been watching (OK binge watching) on the advice of my sister. What a delightful show! If you don't know the plot a football coach from Kansas is hired to move to England and coach an um football team. It is gentle and kind and very funny. Definitely worth it if you have Apple TV. Certainly authentic language but it's good.

Country flag
I've been watching, going to hit EP10 of season 2 tonight. I've enjoyed it as well and as you go through it you find that the character is a lot more clever and aware than he seems.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I don't subscribe to Apple TV, so I've missed out.

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
The one thing on Apple that interests me is Foundation.

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
I got a free 1 year subscription when I bought my new iPhone but haven't watched anything on it.
we just started using it for an ipad I got last Christmas. I really think you would enjoy it

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
I've been watching, going to hit EP10 of season 2 tonight. I've enjoyed it as well and as you go through it you find that the character is a lot more clever and aware than he seems.
I very much agree. It would be really easy to make this a typical 'fish out of water - Mork & Mindy - wry comment on the world - one dimensional sitcom''. But it really isn't. Not just Ted himself (Jason Sudeikis) but pretty much everyone. and they develop, in part because of their complexity but also (I think) because there is as much sad as funny. Side note: I have always been a huge fan of Steve Martin for the same reason, he seemed to understand that for funny to be funny it needs some sad and vice versa.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
The one thing on Apple that interests me is Foundation.
Same here, I'm a fan of the novels and look forward to a good adaptation. Foundation is the second thing that Apple has had that has interested me, the first being Greyhound which was based on The Good Shepherd by C.S. Forester and starred Tom Hanks. I had hoped that I'd watch it in a theater but then Covid changed that and was only released on Apple TV.

Country flag
I very much agree. It would be really easy to make this a typical 'fish out of water - Mork & Mindy - wry comment on the world - one dimensional sitcom''. But it really isn't. Not just Ted himself (Jason Sudeikis) but pretty much everyone. and they develop, in part because of their complexity but also (I think) because there is as much sad as funny. Side note: I have always been a huge fan of Steve Martin for the same reason, he seemed to understand that for funny to be funny it needs some sad and vice versa.

The dart game in season 1 is a great example when he says "no one ever asks me if I play darts".

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
The dart game in season 1 is a great example when he says "no one ever asks me if I play darts".
I was absolutely thinking of that scene when I typed that.