I have a 69 TR6 which is stock for the most part. The bushings are starting to show their years and becoming a problem. I am going to be work on the trailing arms shortly, but I plan to go through my entire suspension system in the next year or two. I have noticed I have a choice of stock rubber, hard (upgraded) rubber, urethane, prothane, and nylitron. I don't know if any of the names are just variations of the same thing. I want something that will last, but not something that is so hard that it makes for a rough ride and wears out other parts. In general, I like to drive my car hard through the backroads, but I do enjoy cruising with my wife. I am leaning toward the nylatron or hard rubber bushings because I have heard the new stock rubber deteriates quickly, and on the other end of the spectrum, the urethane makes for a rough ride. What bushings would you use and why did you choose them? Where did you buy them from? Any input is greatly appreciated.
Kevin
Kevin
Hey Guest!