• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

What other explanation could there be

JHaydon

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I've been listening to an unidentified 2-stroke motor whining away at full throttle from our neighbor's yard for 2 straight days now. I've come up with a couple of theories.

1: They are hosting the Stihl Timbersports Championships in their backyard
2: They are installing a pool, but trying to dig the hole using nothing but a leaf blower

I'm pretty sure those are the only possible scenarios.

Or maybe the noise is starting to get to me. Oh dear lord there it goes again...

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I've been listening to an unidentified 2-stroke motor whining away at full throttle from our neighbor's yard for 2 straight days now. I've come up with a couple of theories.

2: They are installing a pool, but trying to dig the hole using nothing but a leaf blower

Or maybe the noise is starting to get to me. Oh dear lord there it goes again...
Generator?

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Around here they're mobile. Kids on dirt bikes at full chat down a dirt road 100' from our back door. Multiple passes for a few hours almost daily. I'm all in favor of recreational burning of fossil-fuels but it'd be nice if these kids found another place do do it.

OP
J

JHaydon

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Generator?
I (almost) wish. At least that would be a steady drone that my dogs wouldn't try to attack through the fence.

Instead it's the power-tool chant of "Nya-nya-nyaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH-AAAAAAAAAAAH-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH bopopbop nya-nya-NYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH..."
you get the idea.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
I'm betting it's a chainsaw on the neighbor's fallen mesquite trees.

Oh, wait - you're in Texas!

texas-chainsaw-massacre-texas-monthly.jpg

OP
J

JHaydon

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
AAAND -- originally from Wisconsin, home of Ed Gein, the (partial) inspiration for that movie.

I had a high school law teacher who was obsessed with Gein. He had a couple of photos of the notorious furniture. Thankfully he was teaching already rowdy and slightly twisted high schoolers and not more innocent and impressionable youngsters.

Sweet guy, though.

My teacher, not Ed Gein.

(I mentioned this to my sister, and her reply: "I think they are dismembering bodies and digging a big hole to dump the parts in." This woman is a grandmother. :oops: )

mezy

Jedi Warrior
Country flag

chuck a ball over the fence, then go knock on the door and ask if you can go look for your ball in there back yard,
or like we brits do just stick your head over the fence and shout, "what the ÂŁ^*ÂŁ ya doin mate,, need a hand."