• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

What Greatness sounds like

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
My first 'real' concert was Santana - floor seats Maple Leaf Gardens - probably 1978 - amazing.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
First heard Samba Pa Ti while in S.E.Asia. Got the album as soon as I returned to "The World". Finally got to see him live in Tampa a number of years ago, he had Chick Corea show up as a 'surprise' guest performer, Chick lived in the area. Quite a treat.

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
I first heard Santana on a borrowed LP went out and bought another of his albums.
The place I worked at the time had an LP club. People in the club would buy an LP listen to it then pass it along to the next member to listen and eventually you got your LP back. Each member would buy an LP about every weeks and get to listen to 7 other choices. Everyone had to have their turntable approved before joining the group. Got to hear a great variety of music that I may never have listened to but for the club.
Probable not approved of by the recording industry.

David

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
His brother, Jorge (died several months ago), was also very good. Had a group called Malo - "Suavecito" made the charts. I have this album: