• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Well, there's a day I'll never get back

Basil

Administrator
Boss
I spent the better part of all day trying to figure out why I could not receive ANY emails from my main britishcarforum email account in any of the other email accounts. This all started after I moved to the new server for the forum. I'd send an email from my BCF account to my .me or gmail account or Comcast and the email would say it was sent, but would never show up in my in box. Said email account was passing all mail tests with flying colors.

For no other reason than it was something I had not tried, I turned off my firewall on my iMac - Viola! I could now receive emails from BCF!
Turned the Firewall back on and the problem went away (so far). Why my firewall was keeping me from receiving emails from BCF account is a mystery to me.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Just a WAG.... Does turning the firewall off/on change any port settings?

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Just a WAG.... Does turning the firewall off/on change any port settings?

Well, the weird(er) part was, even if I sent the mail from my BCF server, and logged into my iCloud mail account, which you'd think would have nothing to do with my firewall - even then the mail from my BCF account would not hit the inbox. Weirdest email issue I've ever had.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Four AM branephart... is there a WiFi router in this equation?

I've zero information about Mac O/S or their firewall behavior, but it seems to me by toggling the firewall off/on, it either "forgot" some prior rule or "learned" to allow the incoming BCF emails to the various accounts through.

Baffling in any event. Glad you stuck it out to the end. To quote a "Galaxy Quest" line; Never give up! :thumbsup:

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
"To quote a 'Galaxy Quest' line; Never give up! "

I thought you were going to go with "can you build some sort of a rudimentary lathe. "

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
"To quote a 'Galaxy Quest' line; Never give up! "

I thought you were going to go with "can you build some sort of a rudimentary lathe. "

:lol: Between "Galaxy Quest" and "Guardians of the Galaxy", not sure which I like better.