Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Gavin, I'll follow thru a stupid question of my own.
Don- I adjusted ALL my valves to the same clearance.
Now I reading quite a few threads about intake and exhaust
valves require two different settings. Could that be the
cause of my black sooty plugs. Exhause valve set the same as intake.
Gavin, I'll follow thru a stupid question of my own.
Don- I adjusted ALL my valves to the same clearance.
Now I reading quite a few threads about intake and exhaust
valves require two different settings. Could that be the
cause of my black sooty plugs. Exhause valve set the same as intake.
Your valve clearances <span style="font-weight: bold">are not</span> causing your sooty plugs. The specs for you engine are 0.010" for both intake and exhaust. Most likely what you have been reading concerning different clearances are probably for engines that have modified cams and such. Disregard and just drive the car.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.