• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Vacation

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Wow, great trip Walt., Great looking kids, well even you too, and some fantastic photos. Some memories you will have for a long time.

charlie74

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I just went through all of your vacation posts. What a great way to spend a Saturday morning cuppa joe! Those are some great pics of beautiful places. The preservation of the ruins was surprising to me but I guess the arid climate helps. I was amazed at the petroglyphs on Newspaper Rock. How old are they? They look like they could have been made yesterday. Thank you for posting!

OP
waltesefalcon

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Thanks for the compliment. Newspaper Rock was used from roughly the birth of Christ through the 1700s.

Basil

Administrator
Boss
From Bear's Ears we headed south east towards Four Corners. We took this small scenic highway, 261 and it was okay for most of the drive, then when to drop off the mesa near Mexican Hat it becomes gorgeous and you can see Monument Valley off to the south.View attachment 79190View attachment 79191View attachment 79192View attachment 79189View attachment 79193View attachment 79194View attachment 79195View attachment 79196
From here we got Four Corners because my kids have never been, then headed home. View attachment 79197
This last photo is Shiprock.View attachment 79198
We were only gone a week but we covered over 2,500 miles and ten nationsl parks and monuments. We camped every night except for the night we stayed in Durango. Because we took the little jeep I packed light and didn't bring my camera, a Fujifilm finepix, and opted to use my phone's camera instead. I was pretty happy with it, the only time it let me down was while I was trying to take star pictures at night.
I once drove up to Ship rock to photograph the β€œSupermoon” with the Shiprock in the foreground. My luck it was completely overcast so that the moon was not visible

OP
waltesefalcon

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Sounds like we have the same kinda luck Bas.

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Newspaper Rock with its petroglyphs dating back 1000 years or more.
That discussion of Keith Richards is especially fascinating! :ROFLMAO: (I crack myself up)
But on a serious note, I have combined all 7 threads with pictures and replies into one thread (this first thread).

You got some fantastic shots!

OP
waltesefalcon

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Thanks Bas, both for making a cumbersome and unwieldy seven separate posts into one, and for the compliment.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
"Newspaper Rock". A bit of coconut telegraph and Kilroy mixed together. Humans. remarkable.

Paternal grandfather's extensive Kodachrome shots of the Anasazi cliff dwellings had profound influence on me as a kid of eleven, led me on a path to becoming a photographer.

Walt, the images you posted sent my mind back to that time. Your shots are breathtaking as well! Thanks again.

OP
waltesefalcon

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Thanks Doc I appreciate it.