• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Understanding wives.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Harry_Ward said:
Hey Dr.

Wrenchwench? Looks like she's ready to hit someone with that wrench in a smiling kind of way. Hope it didn't hurt too much.

/bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

She's referred to 'em as nut twisters... not always in innocence, either. She can be dangerous at times /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

ecurie_ecosse

Luke Skywalker
[/quote]

She's referred to 'em as nut twisters... not always in innocence, either. She can be dangerous at times /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif [/quote]

As can they all,Doc. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

My wife was the one who "found" our Midget. And has no problem helping with the work,doesn't mind getting dirty.
Her only problem is language. Amerenglish,Scots and Kiwiease don't always translate.Toss in the Cajun factor,and you'll get the picture. So far when I ask for a spanner I get one.
Anyway,it's fun working together on any project. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

Stuart.

sideache

Jedi Knight
DrEntropy said:
Harry_Ward said:
Hey Dr.

Wrenchwench? Looks like she's ready to hit someone with that wrench in a smiling kind of way. Hope it didn't hurt too much.

/bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

She's referred to 'em as nut twisters... not always in innocence, either. She can be dangerous at times /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

/bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cry.gif /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cry.gif /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

OP
vping

vping

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
terriphill said:
My question is how many of the ladies out there have husbands that tolerate their hobbies? I have always loved learning anything new. My husband and son have worked together on several Toyota Supras and love muscle cars. I go to car shows with them and family trips to the junk yard. I decided that if they could do this so could I, but what would I pick if I could choose my favorite car of all time? Of course... it would be a LBC. Its mine! I love spending time in the garage with it. When I'm waitin gon parts, I work on the interior and "pretty stuff" I know there have to be other women out there who love these cars? Can we hear from them?

I'd love to figure out how to get Jeani involved with my LBC's. She loves getting her hands dirty but only in the garden or with the animals. Grease is not her thing. Hey I garden with her!

Scott_Hower

Luke Skywalker
sideache said:
Well – I guess I would have to start by saying that I make my wife laugh. It’s the reason why someone as angelic as she is married such an ugly cuss like me, and why she puts up with my hobbies. Most of those are centered on the family.
Family.jpg

Beautiful family you got there. Looks like your ankle biters got your wife's looks. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:]My question is how many of the ladies out there have husbands that tolerate their hobbies?[/QUOTE]

Have you guys ever seen all the plants & trees & rose bushes & flowers & raised gardening beds & fruit trees & grape vines at my place? Well, that's Jerri's hobby - playing in the dirt! Once for Valentine's Day, I gave her a rose bed & she was happier with it than if it were just a bouquet....sometimes I think the landscape guy is on my permanent payroll.

& I have to mow around all those trees, bushes, flower beds, etc....

But, as my prime edict goes: "She can never say 'no' to me if I never say 'no' to her."

bugimike

Yoda
In the immortal words of Norm the mailman (on Cheers)...
"Women...Can't live with 'em.....Pass the beer-nuts!"

(Only kidding dear!)
Hey, after 37 years together we must be getting along with each other somehow! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

ecurie_ecosse

Luke Skywalker
BlueRidge2 said:
My wife is having me committed to the Henry Ford Clinic
for rehab....

That would involve cold turkey Blueridge,with nary LBC in sight. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Stuart.

ObiRichKanobi

Jedi Knight
Country flag
When used as a verb...

understanding wives = oxymoron

(even after 26 1/2 years of "wedded bliss")

judow

Darth Vader - R.I.P
Well guys, I'm a wife whose husband understands her hobby. I don't profess to be a mechanic but I'm not all that dumb either. Agatha and I have great adventures and hubby tolerates them. We now have Onslow which is more to his liking (96 Jaguare XJS Convertible) and he has his Mr. Dodge, his 48 1/2 ton pick-up. I guess we just got lucky in that we are both car enthusiasts. I appreciate and admire anyone who thinks that their cars are so special that they name them.

Country flag
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:]I guess we just got lucky in that we are both car enthusiasts. [/QUOTE]

That's great. I wish my wife had a better appreciation for these great old cars instead of apathy.

But, then again, if my wife understood my hobby she'd know how much I was spending.. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

We're pretty compatible in everything else....

wkilleffer

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I'll say the Missus understands. She gave me the car as a wedding present.

Back when we were in college together, we used to read the classified ads for special cars like MG's, then go out on Saturday's to have a look and maybe even a drive. No way I would have been able to buy anything, but it didn't matter.

She doesn't mind me wrenching as long as it doesn't get out of hand. Multiple all-night marathons of car repair are discouraged. But she's surprised and a bit disappointed that I've had it in an immobile state for so long.