• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Tree ID tag

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Would anyone know where I can get a single tree tag (copper, about 3"x5")

Stamped (debossed) with four or five word?

I can find online suppliers of blanks in bulk - but I only need one, stamped with ID info)

I'm planting an apple tree in memory of a friend I've lost.
Thanks.
Tom M.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Two thoughts.

1. find a company that does trophy engraving and / or gifts - grad gifts baby gifts etc.

2. Find a company that does cast house number plaques

they are pretty much available everywhere.

Oh and also ETSY seems to be your friend (Canadian site)

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
I'm planting an apple tree in memory of a friend I've lost.
Lovely idea! We have a memorial tree from the previous owners of our new home. A nephew I think.

Reminded me of a funeral I did years ago. The man who died was a true card. His wife (who was the member of my church) was lovely but a bit high strung. First of all, we completed the service, loaded the casket into the hearse and sent him off to be cremated - the hearse pulled out of the church parking lot and promptly (in our sight) rear ended the car in front of it. Fortunately a light tap and he would have loved it.

His widow decides she is going to spread his ashes in the backyard. I suggest that this might not be a good idea as if she ever sells the house she will have to park across the street to 'visit' him.

So, instead she decides to spread his ashes in a local park with a gorgeous view. Now this is illegal in Ontario, so she tells no one, has the ashes in a plastic bag, shows up - cuts the corner of the bag and walks briskly to spread the ashes. She then goes home and calls her sons to inform them of what she had done. After work they meet at the spot and are standing looking at the view when one brother nudges the other and points down. As it turns out, the hole in the bag was too big - and ALL the ashes landed in a pile where she started. Well the one brother casually swings his leg to spread the ashes only to discover that they are frozen solid. So, nothing to do for it but to go back to their cars, get their ice scrapers and literally chisel the ashes to be able to spread them. They told me they were laughing so hard they were in tears. Needless to say that he would have loved every bit of this and needless also to say we never told his widow.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
When I was the vicar of mission church in middle Tennessee, I got a call from a woman whose friend had died and wanted her ashes spread from a clifftop nearby, where they had made many hiking trips. We went to the specified area, and after reciting the words of committal, we opened the container and poured the ashes out, only to have a gust of wind blow them back at us!

ckeithjordan

Jedi Trainee
Silver
Country flag
Sorry about the language, but it was part of the movie...

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
When I was the vicar of mission church in middle Tennessee, I got a call from a woman whose friend had died and wanted her ashes spread from a clifftop nearby, where they had made many hiking trips. We went to the specified area, and after reciting the words of committal, we opened the container and poured the ashes out, only to have a gust of wind blow them back at us!
When I was a student I had a placement in a congregation. One of the members worked for an Air Firefighting company. (It was in British Columbia) They had an employee whose wish was to have his ashes spread over the Rockies. They took them up, opened the door and and the ashes blew back into the plane! They had a white out in the plane. For the next six months every time they vacuumed the plane they emptied the bag over the Rockies. :ROFLMAO: