• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR4A - TR6 clutch pressure plate???

carpecursusII

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
From what I've read, it appears that there are several different B&B plates sold for the TR6, and most of them are wrong. The right B&B plate appears to be fine; but IMO it's easier to go with the Laycock/Luk and avoid the confusion.

Ah, here it is : Brent Kiser of Minnesota Triumphs (an ME from Purdue) wrote that he contacted AP Automotive (who makes the B&B plate or at least did in 2001) and was told that the B&B plate he got from TRF, P/N HE5132Q, was designed for a Saab and only recommended for TR6 with modified engines. B&B P/N HE4787Q appears to be the correct plate.
http://www.mntriumphs.org/Tech_Info/Clutch Folder/clutch.pdf

Madflyer

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I think the B&B is a lesser product I and going with Laycock /LUK cost is more this month will report when I am done.

Madflyer

Madflyer

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I think the B&B is a lesser product I and going with Laycock /LUK&nbsp; cost is more this month will report when I am done.<br><br>Madflyer