Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
not really, we don't have many british cars here and back in 60, 70 or 80 there were really a few of them so there was no reason for someone to specialize in SU carbs. Besides I handled a rebuild myself but since the pistons (one of them) look like this I would rather have them changed. The carbs probably had a rebuild in States some time ago and this what they come up with. Maybe it even did the job but as I said while checking the work of pistons during rebuild it turned out that matching them might be tricky.
I had a pile of HS4 carbs to check if these pistons would work but they are gone now, so those anyone have a clue which ones I should look for? HS6, HIF 44? Or maybe the genuine ones will only be suitable.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.