Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
I just noticed my 59 TR3 has a 1/2 inch sag to the left when i measure from the ground to the taillight.
I dont see anything amiss when i crawl under.
What is the cause and the remedy?
I wouldn't worry about 1/2". For years the front LHS of my 1958 TR3A kept getting lower and lower and no VTR or TRA judge ever noticed. Either there were different judges looking at the different sides or a judge forgets it looked sagging when he goes around to look at the other side. Long grass helps to hide this too. If you really want to fix it, you could loosen the inverted "U" bolts holding the spring assemblies to the axle and add a block of steel or aluminium to "shim" the sagging side up.
If you really want to fix it, you could loosen the inverted "U" bolts holding the spring assemblies to the axle and add a block of steel or aluminium to "shim" the sagging side up.
Except that, on a solid axle TR, you put the shim on the side you want to _lower_.
If the sag is a recent change, I might suspect something like this:
I'm pretty sure the replacement has broken again, so I'll be replacing both springs with new in the not-too-distant future. If, that is, I ever get my rear in gear and send a pair of shocks off to Peter Caldwell for rebuilding.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.