Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Is anybody still selling the white asbestos carb insulators for the TR3. I have a set of the cheap black plastic ones but hate the look of them. I found some NOS ones for the TR6 on ebay, but no luck with the TR3.
Wouldn't the TR6 ones work on a TR3? I think the bolt pattern is the same. ISTR the TR6 has a small passage machined into the spacer, but it won't hurt anything (since it won't go anywhere) on the TR3.
The TR6 ones will work but they are not the same shape. They have an extra tab on the outside that could be cut off, and they are square unlike the TR3 insulators that have two round sides to them. I know it's only cosmetic but I'm trying to look original.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.