Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Well, it's local to me, literally just down the road. I may go take a look at it... but I think he's asking too much for it in that state. There's a LOT of work to be done there.
Looks like a neat project for someone, I agree the price is kind of high. I have a freind who bought a rough and ready but complete, solid, runner for similar money a couple years ago.
Aye, I could buy a drivable on the road TR2 for around 11k right now, it needs restoration work but it's complete and together. I've emailed through the add to take a look at it though, and I'll bring my camera.
While your snapping some pics of this TR2; I`m sure you`ll do this anyway; Check out the "Title & VIN". It appears that its possible that this TR is a culmination of perhaps a variety of cars but ???
Have Fun & We`re looking forward to hearing / seeing what you find.
Has anyone gone to see this car?
I'm in Maine. Was thinking of going down to see it.
Saw the posts here and wondered if anyone had pics or firsthand info.
I can post some photos that I took in a bit, when I find the USB cable for my new camera. I went to take a look at it because it's only 2 miles down the road from me.
It's more of a massive parts lot, including a lot of mostly-new sheet metal than a complete car. there are no floor pans, the suspension (what remains of it) is shot, no engine (but there is an intake manifold with a pair of SUs) the frame didn't look like it would be serviceable, but it was hard to tell because it's sitting on the frame on the ground.
It's an excellent parts lot with a lot of early TR2 hard to find / NLA parts, but I'd almost recommend having another TR2 that you're working on before looking at it. It looks like most of the major parts are there, but it's very hard to tell with a disassembled car. Personally, I could see it being a great value at like 3k as a parts lot, and thought about offering him that, but I dont have the garage space to store it all right now. The fellow selling it knows how rare and expensive on the used market many of the parts are. If he parted it out and sold the parts individually he'd probably make his 7k, albiet with a lot of time and work and patience.
The gentleman has a LOT of nice triumph and other British car parts, having owned a lot through the years. His gorgeously restored TR250 had me drooling, and his 1957 small mouth TR3 'driving project' is more along the lines of what I'd be looking for in the 7k range.
More photos, plus the two TRs that he's currently driving, and some of the pile of parts in his garage attic, although I'm not sure which of those if any go with the TR2
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.