Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Has anyone on the forum ever tried to install power steering on a TR6?
The recently completed 74 TR6 is looking great...really fun to drive...but steering is a little too hard.
Any input and or links greatly appreciated.
Can't imagine a TR6 with steering hard enough to need power assist. I believe I would recheck the suspension. With the car up in air, is the steering still a little stiff?
I am a little surprised by the comment too, I would check to make sure there are no issues with the steering and suspension before I went to a power set up, what size tires? wider tires will certainly up the effort a bit.
Usually pwr str not needed until car hits 3Klbs. Check rack and joints for proper lube before trying something that isn't needed in a light weight car.
Tire size is 185 R 15.
The Rack & Pinion I got from VB...and this is 2.5 turns VS the Moss 3.5 turns.
Noted...that before the rack was installed tires turned quite freely.
Granted that we may have a suspension issue...will follow up on that.
Any info re the electric power steering?
Thanks for the replies
Gil NoCal
I've got the quickrack from moss in mine, and a small 13" wheel, and while it turns harder in parkinglots, it's not bad at all, and is infact better than the stock rack was on my car. Tire size has a lot to do with steering hardness at low speeds too. I'm using 205/70-R15 tires on 5 inch wire rims.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.