• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR-6 Owner from Olympia, WA.

Bermanator3

Freshman Member
Silver
Country flag
Hello,
A few years ago, I inherited my dad's '69 TR-6 that he used to race around the desert's east of San Diego. Originally, he had hoped to buy a 914-6 (he joked that he wanted one of the 8's) but opted for the Triumph. Right now, the TR doesn't run but I hope to start awakening it in a few months and look at converting it to a Patton FI system (researching still) and think about rebuilding the head with new valve seats so I don't have to use lead replacement...Lot's of research. I am really interested in finding someone who can restore the wheels as they are spoke and I believe that a few are broken.
My background is that I am currently a company officer and forest fire fighter with a municple fire department in Washington State, USA. I have been turning wrench since I had a lawnmowing business in the 80's (two stroke Lawn Boys), and working on electronics. When I have the time and can find the parts, I collect old Sony, Pioneer, Yamaha, and Sansui hifi components from the early 70's and then update/upgrade the guts. I am an extra-class amateur radio technician (AI7EZ), and also have been on many national disasters and forest fires.
I am married for over 20 years and have two daughters that I know of. Alumni of the University of Washington, Evergreen State College, and the National Fire Academy, Executive Fire Officer Program.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
welcome - a very interesting life indeed. Car sounds like a great project.

Can I suggest 1. you get it running and you may find you don't need fuel injection - especially if you aren't driving cross country. (Carbs can be very reliable)

2. don't worry about converting to an unleaded head. Most of the time the cars run just fine on unleaded and the price of a new head and the price of the conversion are about the same - so, if it ain't broke....

welcome!

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Welcome to BCF! You have a varied and interesting background! Be sure to jump into our very active Triumph forum here!