Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
I felt like I needed a nerf bar for the front of my TR-2/3 and this is what I was able to make from left over parts from out back behind the shop. Bill C. Mesa, Az.
That is extremely slick looking with the small grill - are you marketing any extras? We have a guy in our club who runs a bumperless TR2 - this might be to his liking as well.
I run without the front bumper on my TR3, and that looks like a pretty good alternative. I think that the original front bumper on the TR3 makes it look frumpy. I am considering something similar to the rear bumperettes, but I think it would have to be more delicate to look good.
Art - You live in Brooklyn. Look at the front bumpers of any New York Traffic Cop car. You can make them a little narrower - say - 3/4" to 1" diameter but make them high enough too. I seem to remember that these were commercially available for TRs in the late 1950s and early 60s. You see them sometimes on the front of some Cobras or Cobra replica cars.
Bill...I would say those are darn nice looking & cheap insurance! Sometimes you can just never park far enough away from Grandma Jones backing up her SUV ! ! Gil
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.