• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

The Beastly Adventure

bash

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Hi Land Rover fans

I just thought you might be interested to read about the antics of an old friend of mine. She and her boyfriend are driving around the world in a Land Rover Forward Control 101 (an ex-Army ambulance) - they have covered more than 35,000 miles so far through Europe, Asia, Australia amd South America. Next is Central America and then the good ol' US of A.

Have a look at their website...
https://www.beastlyadventure.com

Cheers
Alistair

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
They gonna drive all the way from South America through Central America to the US? Or put it on a boat?

OP
bash

bash

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
They already drove aroudn Argentina, Brazil and quite a few other South American countries, and I think they are on a boat from Ecuador to Costa Rica at the moment - I can't blame them for skipping Colombia! After that I believe it is roads all the way up through Central America and then through USA and Canada. I don't know the route they will take, but I am told to expect them in the New York area around October.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Well, tell 'em if they come through north Alabama to stop for some BBQ!

& you're right - probably is a good idea to skip a couple of those countries!

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
Interesting website, great journey...

Wonder if they'll come through Calgary? Judging from the website they haven't planned their exact routes, does anything neat ever happen here in Calgary? *wonders aloud*

I remember a few years ago (I think 1999) I met a couple who had shipped a Mercedes Unimog camper truck over to North America and were doing low-speed touring, at that point in the spring of 1999 they were passing through Calgary