• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Group statistics

Members:
Threads:
Discussions:
Photos:

Latest posts

Group events

Photography

Surprised at this

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Woulda thought this to have died out long ago, well before Kodachrome. Packaging MoPic film in cassettes & paper-backed rolls for 35mm & medium format (70mm?). Gotta be a really small market!

CineStill.png

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
I'd have to think the color balance for tungsten film will be off these days with LED lights. The market changed somewhere and somewhy. Tungsten used to be 3200K, but I just looked at an LED bulb rated at 2700K. Neutral white was 5K, now 3K.

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
It's all that newfangled techknowledgy I tells ya!

What was sooo wrong with 6500 Kelvin?!?

In seriousness, tungsten films would be certainly out of whack with LED sources. The description on one of the MoPic loaded cassettes suggests using an 85C filter in daylight?

Back-when, at the camera shop I had a guy bark at me for bad processing of his "important" photos. On inspection the sprocket holes were MoPic... told him he was a cheap bast**d.

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
The 85C sounds right to me. I don't recall ever using that or an 80 series to do the opposite. I shot color slide as a kid and would finish a roll on my special effects. As a adult, almost exclusively B&W.

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I never messed with the cine films in a still camera, about the only correction filters I used were FL-D indoors.

Now it's all pretty much a moot point anyway. Again, the DSLR wins out over film!