Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
I just replaced cork seals in one carb with new cork seals.
I did soak them in oil. Carb is leaking trace of gas.
Do seals need time to seat or did I screw it up?
Thanks all.
They should seal right away. Are you sure the little cupped washers are installed the right way around? Tapered seats inside the housing halves are clean and not damaged? Spring in good shape?
FWIW, I have seen aftermarket jets that leaked at the bottom of the jet. I couldn't figure it out until I noticed that the clevis would move a little bit relative to the jet itself. Apparently some clever engineer reduced manufacturing costs by drilling the jet all the way through and using a plug to hold the clevis to the jet; but the plug had worked loose in the hole and was letting fuel seep by.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.