Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
I'm going to install disc brakes from my 73 midget donor car on my BE. While I'm at it, maybe I should change the springs. What is the difference between the stock BE springs and the later midget springs? Are they stiffer, longer, what? I notice it has a different part number than the later spring. I don't see any visual difference.
As Spridgets grew older they put on some pounds. There is a difference in spring height as well as stiffness. I have a set of MOSS B/E Springs that I had on Bugsy my '68 for 10 years. After going through 2-3 sets of springs as there wasa batch of mismarked product and I kept getting RB Spridget Springs I orders a set of BE Springs out of frustration. When I rebuilt suspension last year I replaced with a set off of another '68. They are paperweights in the back of my garage and available for a song. Nothing wrong with them, probably < 10k miles.
As Spridgets grew older they put on some pounds. There is a difference in spring height as well as stiffness. I have a set of MOSS B/E Springs that I had on Bugsy my '68 for 10 years. After going through 2-3 sets of springs as there was a batch of mismarked product and I kept getting RB Spridget Springs I orders a set of BE Springs out of frustration. When I rebuilt suspension last year I replaced with a set off of another '68. They are paperweights in the back of my garage and available for a song. Nothing wrong with them, probably < 10k miles.
They were a little lower. I left the front end lowering kit in place but changed to the correct springs. I rub the tailpipe less since going back to the correct springs. Again a BE weighs about 100 lbs less than a Spridget and 250 lbs less than a RB Spridget. The first Springs I received which were for a RB Spridget put the gaps above my front tires at almost 2 1/2-3" at the fender. Bugsy looked like he was ready for off roading. How about $20 plus postage. Send me an e-mail to thistle_3619@yahoo.com and I can send your way.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.