Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Can someone tell me how the steering wheel surround is attached to the dash? There are three holes in the dash and in the back of the surround, but I don't see any threaded holes. I'm baffled. Can someone help?
If the inserts are gone, go to ACE Hardware (they have ones that work) drill out the hole, screw and glue them in and you are done. Worked for me.
Also, soneone told me that you can fill the holes with JB Weld, then drill and tap. Shouuld work OK
Yes, the brass inserts are gone. I will try for the inserts first, and all else fails, I will try the JB Weld. Anyone know what size screws this used? Thanks for your help.
Kevin
Kevin,
two units I have both have 6-32 x 1/4" long oval headed pozidriv screws in them. I'm sure a 3/8" long screw would work as well. Check your PM, I think I can help you on this one.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.