Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
I just replaced this little ground strap which runs through the middle of the rubber roto-flex joint. The old one had frayed in two. But, I witnessed no ill effects. Any idea what this is for?
I had that break on our GT6 but for years I didn't realize what was failing. I kept trying different things to keep the horn working. I finally found the braided earth strap was broken. I Put an external wire on the joint to pass inspection one year. It lasted for about 3 years before it failed. The external wire may not last forever but it certainly is easier to replace than the one inside the steering joint.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.