Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Duplicolor silver wheel paint worked very well for me. Apparently the wheels were originally semi-gloss or matte. If orginality is that important to you don't use duplicolor. They'll look absolutely great but they'll be glossy.
I used Rust-Oleum Aluminum paint in a can and brushed it on my Rostyles after removing the "beauty rings" and sanding down the damage they caused.
The Aluminum paint has some tiny flecks in it so it actually looks pretty nice, very 'silver' in appearance. I'd use it again if I wanted silver colored wheels.
I was going to use Awl-Grip marine, two-part epoxy metallic silver on my wheels when I got around to it (that paint is bullet-proof!), but now that I have a nice set of alloys, it is a moot point for me!!
What kind of paint is in those Moss cans?
I just used used some engine green to paint a valve cover. That stuff goes on so smooth and dries like it has 3 coats of clear on it.
The paint was left over from when I painted the engine 8 Years ago!
never used 8 year spray before that came out of the can!
My vote goes to the Moss paint, as said both the green and silver are supposedly the correct color and a can goes a long way and seems to come out perfect for some reason.
I tried several manufacturer's silver paint but didn't like the look. Finally coughed up the money for the Moss wheel paint- it is fantastic. Must be a lot of solids in it; sprayed out very rich and well worth the cost.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.