Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
I have ordered from 2 of our vendors the side lamp gaskets(between the body/assembly).
Both times I've received ones that do not fit ! They are more rounded at the top & shorter
in length. Any ideas ? No way can I trim them to fit.
Harry
I don't really know what those gaskets look like on a 4A, but FWIW I found some foil/foam duct insulation at Home Depot that makes nice body gaskets. It cuts easily with shop scissors and then you can peel the foam off of the foil and use the adhesive to stick it to the body. I made several gaskets for my Stag with it, and a couple of lamp lens gaskets for the TR3. It's only been a few years, but it seems to be holding up well.
The closed-cell foam is a medium gray in color, about 1/8" thick and quite soft so it easily crushes to under 1/16".
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.